New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The area I hunt and took 2 deer in last season, was driven in February. The drivers took 6 to 8 deer I saw. Who knows how many more they scared off. I have been out twice so far in the same area this season, seen no deer. Is it possible the drive wiped out the area?

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Just because you sat 2 times and didn't see a deer doesn't mean the place is wiped out. Could be a million reasons why you aren't seeing anything. It doesn't help that the place got pounded but I'm sure it's not barren of deer because of it.

·
Banned
8,451 Posts
The deer will change their patterns the season just started this is only the second year of early bow for me.just wait a few more weeks you will see more deer they have so much food right now and dense cover wait til the leaves fall and vegetation die you will see more

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Get out of your car and stop parking in the walmart shopping center. Just kidding. Deer continually move and if the woods you hunt has what they want-- food, water, cover, and not too much disturbance then they are there. I saw 23 deer on opening morning and not a single one the next morning so your two sits can not draw a good conclusion.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
The area I hunt and took 2 deer in last season, was driven in February. The drivers took 6 to 8 deer I saw. Who knows how many more they scared off. I have been out twice so far in the same area this season, seen no deer. Is it possible the drive wiped out the area?
Things change bud, they could be on a mountain eating acorns , in a field eating crops. February is def not Sept. You can't expect them to be in the same place early fall/late summer as late winter

·
Registered
14,076 Posts
No there not wiped out, you need to move to find the deer. Others will move in to chow down. Don't be discouraged but recognize that plan A didn't work so its on to plan B. Keep moving until you find them, be mobile, play offense

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I hunt public land. It gets pounded and driven every year. Theres always plenty of deer

Reactions: Ducks&Bucks

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank everyone, for the replies. I have confidence I will soon be leaving the woods dragging one out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts