New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having a crappy winter bow seasons? winter blow is more like it. Bucks are still holding where im hunting but these temps only have the shooters moving at dark. I mean the ones that "briley light full" aka "hook n hoof" aka brian funkerhouser hasnt killed. The bucks that I wouldnt even take my bow off the holder for[ko]

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
I was out Sunday for the second time since November. Landowner told me the neighbors on their quads spooked all the deer headed to me! I didn't see a one!

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
Actually was going to ask you since you had asked all those trophy buck questions, had you put half of the good info to use and harvested a good buck.
Guess not . But while not harvesting a buck may seem to suck , in actuallity it probably allowed you to learn ten times more about your property etc for future seasons , so its not a total loss . Knowledge earned is knowledge gained.

when it comes harder more is learned than when they walk right in [up]

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Landowner told me the neighbors on their quads spooked all the deer headed to me
Frank?

Actually was going to ask you since you had asked all those trophy buck questions, had you put half of the good info to use and harvested a good buck.
Guess not
Im trying to learn as much as I can so between all the questions I asked and the amount of hunting/scouting I've done this season its been a success. Even though I havent been able to fill my tag I have passed on many small bucks trying to shoot a buck thats a 120" ish...Im good at finding them on cam quickly though and I was able to figure out a specific bucks core area.[up]

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
The entire season SUCKED!![wallmad]

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Njgunner its not over buddy move to a zone thats still open you might get lucky[up] Hope you nail your Monster next year[up]

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Winter bow did suck. Saw 2 deer, 1 was way out of range the other popped out just when I was about to get down at the end of shooting hours, so no go. As a matter of fact, I saw less dear this year than I ever have. Bring on the gobblers.

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
Im trying to learn as much as I can so between all the questions I asked and the amount of hunting/scouting I've done this season its been a success. Even though I havent been able to fill my tag I have passed on many small bucks trying to shoot a buck thats a 120" ish...Im good at finding them on cam quickly though and I was able to figure out a specific bucks core area.
That will put more bucks on your wall than what you would have learned if he had walked in opening day !!!!!!!

CORRECT time spent in the woods is where the most important things are learned

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Have not seen a decent buck in daylight since November.Too warm,no snow or strong fronts make it tough.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Bring on the fish now... saw a bunch of robins when I was out on Monday, spring is here

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
Winter bow was good. I seen deer every time I was out. Found a nice buck that I had seen earlier. All I got where night cam pics of him but atleast I know he is still around. Weather was great. I call it a success [up]

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
You should call it a sucess even though you didn't get anything- yet. You did good this year. [up]
Someone must be good at helping you out....[ko]

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You should call it a sucess even though you didn't get anything- yet. You did good this year. thumbs up
Someone must be good at helping you out
Def a success...I've learned alot about the patterns as well as the properties. Getting a 120" on cam after an hour of scouting and two days of the cam being in the field was good.

Ya between you and hook n hoof I've got great guided exparience [ko]

I'm not putting the bow away yet but looking forward to turkey...oh and fall bow:D

1 - 20 of 90 Posts