New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The family and I are heading to wildwood crest at the end of the month.Are there any good piers for crabbing and such nearby.my son will love crabbing and since we don't have the money to take him on the bordwalk everynight like last year we need to fill the days and evenings with other stuff.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
im sure youll find something i havent been down there in years i would just go to a bait shop and ask

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I will be down there the same time. Last week of the month. I haven't been there in years, so I will be looking for that also.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I was there last month with my son and we went crabbing for 2 hrs on 2 days and caught (22) 1 day and (14) the following day. Kept only legal size males too.
The place is located right when you get off the parkway about 1 mile down the the highway leading into Wildcrest. It's on the right side and you can park right off the highway. We used 5 droplines only.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Kept only legal size males too.
The place is located right when you get off the parkway about 1 mile down the the highway leading into Wildcrest. It's on the right side and you can park right off the highway.
Those muddy marshy areas along rt 47 before you cross the Rio Grande bridge are your best bet. We own a vacation house in that area and that is where we take our boat when we go crabbing , up into those shallow muddy creeks.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Those muddy marshy areas along rt 47 before you cross the Rio Grande bridge are your best bet. We own a vacation house in that area and that is where we take our boat when we go crabbing , up into those shallow muddy creeks.
Right before the sh#$ plant on Rt 47 there a spot if you dont mind the smell best tasting crabs too

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
You just have to catch the right tide in those muddy creeks along Rt 47

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
You just have to catch the right tide in those muddy creeks along Rt 47
you also just have to be there at the right time. crabs move. when the weather is turning bad they get away from land, so they don't have to deal with waves. they are moving all the time. north to south, inshore off shore. much like king and snow crabs.
you could do good for a few days on a bridge, then nothing for a few more. just got to hit it right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts