New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
simply stated, George is the best taxidermist I have ever seen. He is working on my 5th deer. i have a deer mount he did with an open mouth and he actually re-created the inside of the deer's mouth, using real teeth on the lower jaw. he also rebuilt the deer's septum, no wax plugs. amazing

B

·
0 Posts
TC121, goto the Taxidermist section I posted alot of stuff about George, he is great.....where you from?

B

·
0 Posts
Im in Lodi, yes Im on the job, 16 more years to go and this state can kiss my A**

B

·
0 Posts
one of the post you will see a picture of a 18 point rack from your county, Jrhunt took it while POPS was holding over at George's place

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i belong to a small club in warren county that leases about 130 acres.very good hunting but very expensive lease

B

·
0 Posts
I hunt on Federal land, we started hunting it after we lost our lease in SPARTA. We have a great time, always see deer, bears, and many other animals, never had a problem with other hunters, shotgun season we may see 3 hunters, and they are walking out for lunch, and its FREE

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
we got a bunch of deer as our property is bordered by 1000+ acre private land leased by a club. got a 125-130 cl [no swearing please] deer there back in january, george is mounting it now. two years ago i missed a buck close range that went an easy 170, biggest deer i ever seen in the woods. but we pay through the nose to hunt the property

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Where in Warren County do you hunt? I am from Easton, Pa, and have Family in Harmony. Also do work for Warren county

B

·
0 Posts
If I was having problems on the Federal Lands we hunt, then I would look into leasing, but we never have problems, and I see once in awhile deer in the high 130s low 140s, but 90% of the time we see basket racks, and that good enough for us. For the money a club spends to lease, within a few years you can buy your own....I stand corrected we do have problems, bears eating our stands, and one did a number on buckfevers stand :p

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
BHC,Dave had his own shop in Longvalley called River run Taxidermy then teamed up with George.I know he just moved to PA but was wondering if he still worked with WP.He does great work and is funny as hell.

B

·
0 Posts
I had a chance to lease land there a few years ago, but the guy who claimed to own it, didn't have maps to show us the borders

1 - 20 of 31 Posts