New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

· Registered
7,170 Posts
There used to be loads of grouse in Sussex. But the maturation of the forests have just about wiped them out in the areas I hunt

Reactions: deergetter

· Registered
1,570 Posts
When I was a kid In Eatontown we had a few coveys in the fields surrounding the neighborhood. We also had wild Pheasants. It's all Apartments now tho...

· Registered
17,791 Posts
Hear tell of some WB in S.NJ but haven't seen any I actually could say ok they are myself.

2 seasons ago due believe I took a wild pheasant myself the bird had ever characterist of a wild bird from back in the day.

· Registered
1,570 Posts
State stocks quail not as many as they used to tho, and not at all WMA's.
When I had a dog I used to hunt them over at Assunpink but I don't think they stock then there anymore.

· Registered
317 Posts
Guess quail restoration project is bs? Seen grouse every season all over the state. Grouse are here, but elusive. I have heard quail but never seen them. A friend of mine; lives in the princeton area; says he sees them all the time. I think they may be Griggstown convicts though.

· Registered
17,254 Posts
I see them a lot. There are also wild pheasants. I saw one the other day w/ a 3.5 foot tail. He is going on my wall this year.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.