New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for information/recommendation for wild boar hunting opportunities. Already searched the web and found some places. Looking for the inside scoop.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Four of us just book a Boar hunt at this place in S. Carolina.
http://www.huntersnet.com/deerfield/
3 day hunt - 5 day stay with meals and rooms $750/person
Lic. $40
2 boars/day
Stands over baits
Shoot with ANYTHING Rifle,pistol,bow ,musket, Handgrenade
:D:D:D
A few people that have been there have recommended it. We'll see.
We leave Feb. 15th ( Temp 30 55 deg. )

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
There are a couple places in pa that start out around $500 a pig and they take money off for a second animal.they are about a 5hr drive up near johnstown, if you are interested I will try to get you more info.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Stiks,

That 5 hr. drive up near johnstown sounds good. please get me the info. I've checked the other ones out too. Thanks to all that posted.

First time boar hunt, looking for nice hunt, accomodations, etc. I just want to show up, hunt and relax. When it's time to leave, throw the pork in the cooler and call it a day.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
You looking for a "Canned hunt" or wild hogs? If you want wild hohs.I have friends in a few diffferent southern states that guide for hogs w/ hounds.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BobR,

Looking for a place that is say 6 or so hours from the sj/philly area, has lodging, meals, butcher service and good amount of hogs. Want hog size 175+lbs. Not looking for some fenced in pasture where it is nothing but go out and kill the thing, however looking for good kill percentage.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Looking for a place that is say 6 or so hours from the sj/philly area, has lodging, meals, butcher service and good amount of hogs. Want hog size 175+lbs. Not looking for some fenced in pasture where it is nothing but go out and kill the thing, however looking for good kill percentage.
Tough Call -

There are quite a few Feral Hogs upstate NY, but scoring them on public land or open farm country with a bow would be almost impossible - You'd have to book a solid week. Tioga and the other places mentioned are small, and don't fit your aforementioned parameters.
I would suggest saving up for Florida, Carolinas, or Texas, and book at least five days.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
BobR,

BobR,

Like I mentioned above, give Cold Brook hunts in Homer, NY a look. 300+ acres of thick swamp and hilly hardwoods. BIG boars, most easily over 175. About 4 hours from Philly. Also, and this is a BIG plus, they don't mix hunters. You only hunt with your group and nobody else is in the preserve except the guides. Quite a challenging hunt with a bow.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
ajm the place i went to was called stonebridge it is about a 5 to 5 1/2hr drive he is reasonable and will work on prices with when you get there. www.stonebridgehunt.com

·
Registered
260 Posts
TRY BOARHUNTER MAGAZINE HAS ADDS FOR ALL DIFFERENT BOARHUNTING OUTFITTERS. TENN HAS A COUPLE PLACES. CUMBERLAND PLATEAU AREA HAS THE LARGEST. BE CAREFUL THEY ARE MEAN. THEY WILL CHARGE AND ARE HARD TO KILL. I ADVISE TO SHOOT BEHIND THE EAR AND DROP THEM DEAD.

JOE
SOUTH JERSEY BOY NOW IN FLORIDA

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Hey swamphunter where in Fl are you? I get down to N. ft. myers a few times a year. Pig hunt on a few leases from Tampa down to naples with friends & their dogs. Maybe we'll hook up & you could come along. These boys their will put you in a few swamps LOL
remember if it looks dry don't stand on it, IT'S a GATOR! LOL

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
bloodtrails, I'm interested in that boar hunt in NY. What was your experience there?

·
Registered
90 Posts
White Oak Exotic Hunting Preserve,Senecaville Ohio.Hundreds and hundreds of acres.1000 species of different game.Nice animals.1-740-685-6063.They have a web site,i don't have it.It's about 6 hrs.from Flemington,probably closer from you.They also have a 90 min.tape.I have it but it does you know good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts