New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what kind of permits are required to legally posses a raccoon/deer/bobcat/fox etc in new jersey and i don't mean robbing babies from there mothers i'm talking about legally obtaining one from a breeder. A buddy of mine who went to college with me had a a red fox who lived with him and it was the coolest thing ever....not one mouse in that house haha. Another guy i know has a kangaroo, that thing is awesome ill post pics of the roo later. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
We held permits for whitetail deer Black bears and suck you need to call the state they come out to check inspect the cage and if they want issue you a permit.

It took us years to get the black bear permit but we did get it.

I'll see if I can find the number for you

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Keep in mind this is from 1995 but the number I have is 1-609-984-6211 or 1-609-292-2966

NJ Division of Fish , Game and Wildlife
CN 400
Trenton NJ 08625

All of our permits ( Rabbit , skunk , raccoon , black bear , whitetail deer ,wild bird ) all had " Individual Hobby " on them

Hope this helps. Remember a wild animal is always wild. Most of the time we did get the bad end of the deal when handling them.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all the input, in my short life i've raised 4 deer 3 raccoons, and a flying squirrel i named velcro haha. Not saying im a pro but i have a tiny bit of expierience. Moral of the story is wanna do it legal. So ill use some of the info i got from you guys and see what the word is. Thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts