New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[down] Absolutly disgusted. I have a private piece that I hunt in zone 7. I share this property with 2 others who I am not affiliated with. I show up there at 5 am by 6:30 I have Aa horn honking franticlly in the land owners drive way with my name beign called out thru the woods. I go back to the house to see what the fuss is and am told to pack my shit and get out. Why???????? WTF??????? after a few minute calm down I was told the property was now off limits to hunting. It turns out the owner walked me back behind his compost pile where he showed me 4 dead birds most missing 3/4 of there skull. Not Bird shot! !!! Two of the three were hens with nothing more then the tails cut off and the two others were toms missing tails and beards! [wallmad] CO was called and I am waiting to here how it turns out. Needless to say this is another lost property as of right now and another non sporting land owner turned off by the actions of a scum bag. I am hoping it is not a permanent thing.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
When things calm down, explain to him that you had nothing to do with this incident and would never do something so disgraceful.
Then maybe tell him you'd be interested in policing the property for him to look out for keep out any trespassers or undesirables. To keep anything like this from happening again.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He knows it wasn't me and I honestly don't think it was one of the others who have permission to hunt there,. Only one of the others turkey hunt and the guy seems to be on the up and up. The compost pile is down a lane about 100yds past house. They could be there from a nieghbor. It is just that he is sour on the whole deal. I am gonna call him in a little bit and will let you all know how it goes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same type of thing happened to me last year in zone 5 bowhuntin. Homeowner had a 4 pointer with an arrow sticking out of his neck, eating her shrubs right outside her kitchen window. Past judgement on all bowhunters there and then! Asked not to come back till she has time to think about it. The 4 year old ten I was hunting was killed nearby, shotgun.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No idea. I am the first to admit the only thing I eat from a wild bird is the breast meat. The tail I fan the beard i mount in the hull of the shell that took him and the feet and spurs get converted into coat and hat hooks in camp. I just can't see killing a bird to take some tail feathers.

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Losers[down][down][down] I hope you get back on.

Shoot Straight!

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
taht is terrible[wallmad] sorry to hear that i hope they let you come back!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Maybe you could make him a Wild Turkey Pot Pie (or your favorite wild turkey dinner) for him & his family to show him what you do with the turkeys you get? He would see that you have respect for the animals you take and don't waste them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts