New Jersey Hunters banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luknik, congrats on your deer, you obvisouly enjoy "hunting", not just trophy hunting. Sometimes we forget that people hunt for many different reasons, and no one justification is more valid than the other. There is something to be said for hunters who enjoy just plain hunting...you know, scouting, setting up, shooting and tracking and recovering deer...any deer.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with holding out for a big buck, I do it myself often. The problem arises when those who do practice that philosphy feel they need to force everyone else to do it. I also understand that we all have opinions, and have a right to express them, and personally, I think there was a little over reaction on both sides on that last post.

I myself really enjoy hunting with a bow, shooting a deer and walking up to it on the ground still brings a great thrill to me, even if it's just a small buck. Yes, big bucks are REALLY exciting, but I still get excited about successfuly shooting a deer, and it doesn't have to be a monster. The key is...Are YOU satisfied with it? If so, there is nothing to be ashamed of, regardless of what someone elses opinion is. But remember, most of the time, they are just expressing an opinion, don't take it too personal, unless they make it personal. In most cases, I've seen people take things a little too personal when the poster was merely expressing an opinion...they are just as entitled to the opinion the buck should be passed as you or anyone else is entitled to the opinion it was a good kill.

Good luck the rest of the season, and for goodness sakes...go get something worth a few more points for the team. ;) :p :D

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
very well said, i believe any animal taken with a bow is a trophy. some of us, including myself do not have many large rack bucks to pick and choose from. i take Does and small rack bucks whenever it presents itself. my family loves wild game meat and i get great satisfaction seeing them eat what i take. we are a unique bunch, so lets all pat each other on the back and say,"hey nice deer you got there". we share a great frienship , THE OUTDOORS.........:):):)

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
The autumn moon does strange things to people.

I like this site but when we get picky about legal kills beyond the point of 'friendly ribbing' I'd rather go to bow-site and deal with the Hatfields and the McCoys.

You want controversy? Just go to bowsite and mention Ranch Hunt.

We're hunters - united we stand, divided we lose our sport.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Here's my opinion to the whole event. Luknik made a clean kill at a legal deer. Why? To help feed his family. In today's day and age where alot of people are looking at the government for a handout in times of need, some of us usea legal mean to help stretch out there $$$s. I do it myself. I'd love to shoot a monster, but would and have taken smaller deer because it meant food for me, plus I haven't hunted and been successful long enough to become a picky shooter. And as far as saving some $$$, because of hunting, I haven't bought one piece of steak (cow) since December '04. And I usually eat on average 1 - 2 meals/week of venison.

Luknik,
Congrats on your deer!

David

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats Luknik[up]
I shot two spikes last year, opening day of fall bow and opening day of shotgun in zone 4 and I could care less if someone doesn't like it.
Meat in the freezer is better than a head on the wall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.