New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be out on Monday the 28th with the smokepole, hopefully a buck shows up, I don't care to harvest a antlerless deer, then agian that big doe who was under my stand was tempting shes got to go 150LBS. I'll be up in zone 4 by myself, buckfever, brownstoanes, and GunnyFern are all working

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
typo in the heading, oh well....Im feeling so sick today[mad][down]

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Hunting Zone 2 in Wantage. Used to spend a lot of time on Hamburg Mtn WMA. Tough place to hunt but has some big bucks. We hunted off Sand Pond Road off Rt 517. I see guys hunting of Rt 23N as I drive to my club.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Zone 6, but just a bit below Rt. 23. My boss scheduled a meeting for 11 AM on 11/28 so I flat out told him I AM taking my days off Mon/Tues; This Thurs to next Tues is the first vacation I'd had all year.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope we see some good rutting activity happing on the 28th. I will try to hold off for a buck, I would hate to drag out a doe, cause I'll be by myself, and we hunt so deep. I have yet to take a buck with the smokepole, took a few does in the past.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I'm gonna have to try this smokepole stuff some day. I bought a T/C Encore last year with the intent of buying a BP barrel for it. Never did.

Should be my over the summer project this coming year.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm gonna have to try this smokepole stuff some day. I bought a T/C Encore last year with the intent of buying a BP barrel for it. Never did.
great firearm, and yes you should try it, lots of fun[up]

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
great firearm, and yes you should try it, lots of fun
It's an great shooter with the 20 ga. rifled barrel and a Leupold scope.
I'll pick up a BP barrel for it. Hey, gives me more time to be in the woods hunting.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I burned 2 of my 3 remaining vacation days for next Monday and Tuesday. Going to Zone 3, have two spots picked out; one in northern Wawayanda by the Hemlock Ravine and the other deep inside the Newark Watershed, north of Paradise road.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I'll be out in zone 4. Since I have a freezer full of meat and the HHH teacher at Newton High is booked up for donations I won't shoot anything less than a 10 pointer. I will probably move around a lot scouting for bear hunting spots.

BHC or anyone else in zone 4 I am willing to try to drive deer for you if you like.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BHC or anyone else in zone 4 I am willing to try to drive deer for you if you like.
Pages: First Prev 1 , 2
230 thanks for the offer, but I like to see the deer come in on there own

1 - 18 of 18 Posts