New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Man, I can't make it[wallmad][wallmad][wallmad] I love this shoot and it is a great time. Well since I can't make it I wish all of you good weather and as always,

Shoot Straight!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I STOPED GO 3YRS AGO there is nothing ever new there same old thing yr after yr same old Trails same old shots and thay really need to have a kids course like a Little 5 or 10 shot course with ez shots

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
I'll be there both day seeing as how I'm a member![rofl]

Club is looking for new members, stop by the club table and ask foe details![up]

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
I STOPED GO 3YRS AGO there is nothing ever new there same old thing yr after yr same old Trails same old shots and thay really need to have a kids course like a Little 5 or 10 shot course with ez shots
Crossbows should address all of those issues and since Jenette Vreeland helped so much to pave the way for crossbows via her work w/ the F+G council I'm sure the ABM shoot will be welcoming our states crossbow shooters with open arms, should be fun and educational for all attending!

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
what is the age min for kids to shoot?
Its my understanding that if they can draw a bow, they can shoot! But be warned, many of the "trail shots" at 20+ yards with lots out to 30 and some even 50+ yards. Moreoever, on many targets, there's nothing but a muddy swamp for a back stop, so if you miss or (your kid misses) that arrow is likely lost.

The one thing I hate abuot this shoot is the number of guys tromping through the muck for 15 minutes after they shoot trying to find a missed shot.

But besides the trail targets, there are plenty of up-close shots for the kids on the long distance range-with some 3-D targets at 5 yards and out. They also have a 10 yard "novelty" range with running rabbits and pop up groundhogs that's fun for the kids to shoot.

Sunday is the bigger "kid day" as many dads are on the course with their kids.

The shoot is well worth it-bring the kids they will love it-even if they miss alot, its loads of fun for them

·
Registered
21,477 Posts
Appalachian Bowmen

3-D Archery Shoot

August 15 & 16, 2009

Sponsored by:
The Appalachian Bowmen of Sussex County, New Jersey

Three 20-Target 3-D Ranges
Flying Disc Launcher
Novelty Targets and Practice Range
Archery Vendors and Crafters
Food and Refreshments
Free Door Prizes

Shooting Fee: $15 per day or $25 for both days
Children Under 12 FREE

DIRECTIONS

The 3-D Shoot is located near Newton at the Whittingham
Wildlife Management Area in the sky lands of rural northwest
New Jersey, 15 minutes north of the Allamuchy Exit 19
off Interstate 80. Follow “bow shoot” directional signs.

The address is 118 Shotwell Road, Newton NJ 07860.

For information call (973) 219-8077 or (973) 383-6787

Visit our website at:
www.appalachianbowmen.com

·
Registered
749 Posts
TTT [up]Great to meet alot of people today[up] . Thanks for your support for the Appalachain Bowman[up] and the UBNJ[up]. I'll be at the main parking lot again tomorrow 6-9 greeting everyone. Also when your done shooting, stop by the barn and see the vendors. Thanks again
Frank

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.