New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering who will apply now that SCOTUS has ruled in our favor. I know it will take a while to get things ironed out in NJ but once everything is in place and the classes and qualifications are met who will be applying. I say better have it and not need it. I will apply as soon as things are in place. NJ won't surrender on this and will prob pass some regs to get around it so we might have to wait a little longer than most. I will get the classes and qualification out of the way though.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Never. Don't want the responsibility that goes with concealed carry. God forbid you ever get into a situation where you have no other choice but to use deadly force. With today's judicial system you have a heartbeat to make a life and death decision, the courts have a lifetime to pick it apart. As a permit holder you are guilty till proven innocent. The last thing you want is to be stuck in a jailcell while two overpriced guys that know less about firearms then you, decide whether you will be mowing your grass next week or trying to avoid gang rape in the shower......

·
Super Moderator
8,182 Posts
Pintail i carried when i lived in NC and when i lived in PA . never felt like i was ever going to use it but you feel better knowing you have it .
I would never use unless i thought me or my family might die. In that case the state can do whatever they want to me for defending myself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I doubt many will go thru the trouble and expense.
Read the NJ Attorney Generals directive and lookup the statutes shown in the directive. Some of those statutes will reference other statutes. I posted screenshots of what you will find.
You can also get a pdf of of the qualifying standards from the AG webpage. The pdf is at...

Classes cost hundreds and you need hundreds of rounds for the class.
Then you need hundreds of rounds for each gun to qualify.
Then you have to qualify annually aka buy hundreds of rounds to qualify and pay a fee to qualify.
Then the permit expires in 2 years and you have to start all over again as if it is the first time you applied for a carry permit.
Font Screenshot Number Document Publication

Font Parallel Screenshot Number Document

Font Screenshot Number Document Publication

Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Slayer, I get where you are coming from and completely understand. I have never been in a place where I wished I was armed. If a place looks that bad, I avoid it. The last thing I want is another overblown expensive permit that some A$$hole from the Trenton Kremlin wants to hold over my head. Trust me, even if the government twists NJ"s arm this administration will figure out how to booger up the process for whoever wants to carry. Keep in mind, NJ is all about MONEY$$$$

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I doubt many will go thru the trouble and expense.
Read the NJ Attorney Generals directive and lookup the statutes shown in the directive. Some of those statutes will reference other statutes. I posted screenshots of what you will find.
You can also get a pdf of of the qualifying standards from the AG webpage. The pdf is at...

Classes cost hundreds and you need hundreds of rounds for the class.
Then you need hundreds of rounds for each gun to qualify.
Then you have to qualify annually aka buy hundreds of rounds to qualify and pay a fee to qualify.
Then the permit expires in 2 years and you have to start all over again as if it is the first time you applied for a carry permit.
View attachment 184759
View attachment 184758
View attachment 184757
View attachment 184756
Garden State Shooting Center started offering the classes they said you only needed to bring 50 rounds

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Never. Don't want the responsibility that goes with concealed carry. God forbid you ever get into a situation where you have no other choice but to use deadly force. With today's judicial system you have a heartbeat to make a life and death decision, the courts have a lifetime to pick it apart. As a permit holder you are guilty till proven innocent. The last thing you want is to be stuck in a jailcell while two overpriced guys that know less about firearms then you, decide whether you will be mowing your grass next week or trying to avoid gang rape in the shower......
You should still get it better to have the option you don't have to carry it if you don't want to. Also this world is getting crazier and crazier just look at Buffalo can't even go to a supermarket. You never know. I pray to god I never have to pull it and would do everything I can to diffuse the situation. I would never want to hurt anyone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is what you have to do to pass the test/qualify. The shots are timed. The number of seconds for each round are in the manual at the link in my first post.
You will need to qualify annually.
The carry permit expires in 2 years. Then you have to start over at the beginning as if you never applied for a carry permit. Classes again, qualify again.
Font Number Rectangle Screenshot Circle
Font Number Rectangle Screenshot Circle

·
Super Moderator
8,182 Posts
Slayer, I get where you are coming from and completely understand. I have never been in a place where I wished I was armed. If a place looks that bad, I avoid it. The last thing I want is another overblown expensive permit that some A$$hole from the Trenton Kremlin wants to hold over my head. Trust me, even if the government twists NJ"s arm this administration will figure out how to booger up the process for whoever wants to carry. Keep in mind, NJ is all about MONEY$$$$
I worked 30 years in Orange NJ and now the last two in East Orange NJ . We have customers in Newark, Irvington ect. come for a day with me lol

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I worked 30 years in Orange NJ and now the last two in East Orange NJ . We have customers in Newark, Irvington ect. come for a day with me lol
I worked on a job site off of Northfield Ave in West Orange back in 07,08 never had an issue other than the local PD giving us static over starting equipment too early in the am.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts