New Jersey Hunters banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

who wants to be in the small game hunting contest?

4K views 54 replies 13 participants last post by  mack 
#1 ·
whoever wants in should just notify me by leaving a message on this thread. so far our scoring looks like its gonna be

squirrel/woodchuck= 1pt.
grouse/woodcock=2pts.
pheasant=3pts.
rabbit=3pts.

the points will start being added up when pheasant/rabbit season starts.

once we find out whos in, we can make teams.

#52 ·
Mack....I think we should take raccoons out of the contest and add crows....Raccoon hunting is a whole different game then regular small game animals, I think anyway. Whats everyones thoughts on that??

As far as crows go I will pop one when I get a chance while small game hunting. I think it would be a good addition to the contest. What is everyones thoughts on that?

Another thing is the North zone wood [no swearing please] season ends at the start of the rabbit/pheasant seasons!!!! I know some great wood [no swearing please] spots but I can't hunt them after the start of our contest![sad][down] I guess thats still cool though...I have the option to go south and hunt for them...

#53 ·
Crows are cl [no swearing please] under "Migratory Birds" doesn't that mean steel shot?
Matty you better check about small game while deer hunting with a bow. Doesn't it read while deer hunting must have only broadheads, etc & small game calls for blunt heads.
Take the ***** off the list. The bears may get you boyz while out there in the dark. LOL

#54 ·
I HAVE TAKEN RACOON OUT OF THE CONTEST BECAUSE YOU WANTED ME TO. SO HERE IS THE FIXED VERSION.

TEAMS WILL BE MADE WHEN THE AMOUNT OF PARTICIPANTS IS CERTAIN.

alright, i have composed a scoring list for the contest.

squirrel/woodchuck= 1 point
chukars/quail= 2 points
pheasant/rabbit= 3 points
grouse/woodcock= 4 points (POINTS FOR THESE ANIMALS ARE 4 POINTS BECAUSE THEY ARE HARD TO FIND)

RULES: you may hunt private land, but you must only count (for points) only the amount of animals that can be taken on public land. Example: you hunt on private land and shoot 5 pheasants. you can only count 2 pheasants.

any weapon (that is legal to use for the game you are hunting) can be used. Example: you can hunt for squirrel with either muzzleloader or shotgun.

the contest starts when pheasant/quail/rabbit season opens. game shot before then cannot be counted. the contest also ends when pheasant/quail/rabbit season ends.

IF YOU ARE UNSATISFIED WITH THE RULES, POST ON THIS THREAD EXPLAINING YOUR REASON.

THOSE ARE THE RULES FOR THE 2005 SMALL GAME HUNTING CONTEST! IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING, PLEASE POST ON THIS THREAD! DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT IN THIS CONTEST!

THESE RULES ARE FINAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.