New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the other web site, and there was a post about how expensive it is for residents to hunt here in NJ compared to residents hunting there own states.

For me it's not expensive at all, I LOVE the sport no matter how much it would cost, look at the number of days you can hunt, the bag limits, the game here is very healthy, no more then 1 hour at the most to drive to your hunting area for those that live in no hunting areas. I say this to the ones that think NJ is expensive to hunt...."GO TO ANOTHER STATE AND HUNT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT HERE, MORE GAME FOR US TRUE HUNTERS!!!!!"

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I saw that post too. I agree with you BHC.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
amen BHC, i love this sport, and the price I pay for it doesn't compare to the value of lessons learned or times spent with my friends and my children when they get older.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
I love hunting in NJ.... where else can I hunt for 139 days and only pay under $60.00 ( hunting just with bow )& under $200.00 I can throw in a muzzleloader too.

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
True.you get alot of bang for the buck.But the price really adds up for guys who have multiple spots in different zones.I spend over $100 just in spring turkey permits alone.
I guess it depends on how much you have to spend and time that you have to hunt.Not everyone here makes big money or can work alot of overtime,etc.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I think it's a bargain to hunt in this state really.
Yes, it's true that compared to other states it's more expensive to hunt in NJ. BUT, everything else is more expensive as well. Lets face it, housing costs more in NJ, taxes are higher in NJ, insurance is higher in NJ and so on and so on. So why should the cost of hunting and fishing be any different? Division personell need to pay for the aforementioned expenses as well and the money needs to come from some where. Not to mention that we in NJ are blessed with a median income that by in large far exceeds the national average.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I dont mind the fees but I am sure that it turns off a lot of guys with the multiple permits/etc. I guess it's just the price we pay in order to hunt in the most densely populated state in the nation. One thing that I will say is that we pay a ton more than residents in just about every state that I know.

·
11,226 Posts
It may cost more to live and hunt here but you can make more $$$ here then a lot of those other places as well....NJ has a lot of money and a lot of people spending it!!!!! I love hunting in NJ and I would pay MORE if they asked me to and it helped keep hunting and fishing alive and well in NJ!!!!![up]

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Compared to other states, we are getting robbed. For someone like myself who hunts deer with bow and shotgun in multiple zones, and also does goose and turkey hunting, I pay alot of $$$.

But, with that said, I'll pay the fee because I love this game.

David

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I agree with BHC!!!!

Where else can you have this much fun on an All Around Sportmens License and a few stamps and permits to make the wildlife and fish management such a great success? - Unlimited does, almost a buck every season, plenty of stocked birds, outstanding fishing oportunities !!!! ONLY IN NJ!!!![cool][up]

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hell, I think it's a bargain. All the days we have, and all the deer we can harvest. A lot of states around will allow you to harvest A buck, and your done, same with the doe. I think it's expensive to get started initially, but once you've established your arsenal, your good to go.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I don't mind paying because I am goin to no matter what. because I love the sport. But all the money in permits gets high. especially in other states where turkey is included with the license and you can shoot em in the spring and fall with out having to be double dipped.Pheasent stamps, woodcock.40bucks is alil high for me I guess that is why I stick with the bow. Especilally when you look at the stocking numbers they are not that high in sj most of the birds go up north and down here in the south opening day looks like the red coats are lining up for a battle.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I take my wife to the city. Parking $29.00. Dinner $100.00. Tickets to a show $250.00 for 2. Gas and tolls.$20.00. Now thats expensive. And its last only about 5 hours. Total= $399.00. Hunting is a bargain.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts