New Jersey Hunters banner

Who shoots their bow with glasses?

1K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  The Truth 
#1 ·
I shoot my bow while wearing glasses and sometimes have trouble with my peeep. What type of set-up do other guys use? Do you keep both eyes open?

#3 ·
I shoot with peeps with glasses all the time and never have trouble. Could you be due for a new perscription? Or maybe the peep hole is to small try a larger one.

The only problem I have is my glasses fogging up from time to time. Or they slide down my nose and I have to push them back up before shooting.

#5 ·
I wear glasses and shoot with both eyes open I forget the name of the peep I have, Its the one that has that rubbr band attached to it I never had a problem shooting with a peep. Maybe try going with a peep that has a bigger hole. or check out the Hind Site, I was thinking about geting one of those for my bow to do away with the peep site.

#6 ·
Its the one that has that rubbr band attached to it I never had a problem shooting with a peep
Yes same, I used to have the one that only went on the string and only had troubles. Switched to the one with the band, never any trouble.

Also I shoot one eye open. For some reason I can't concentrate on the pins with both open.

#11 ·
I'm at the point where I probably should, situation is that at very close range I have double vision or a single with a shadow, yet I could pick out a deer at 100 plus yards without a problem. When I put on my glasses, basically for reading, I can't clearly see anything farther than about 4 feet away. So, my problem is, should my pins be blurred or my target ??? I know the answer is neither, but I haven't come up with a solution yet.

#19 ·
I cannot shoot my bow with my glasses on. When I come to my anchor point I see the nose bridge piece. Without the glasses the pins are a blur.

I have what they call a "verifier peep sight". It has a lense in it that is the same magnification as my glasses. When I started using it my LPA league handicap went down to the single digits. It is available at Lancaster Archery.

#21 ·
I shoot my bow with glasses on with a peep. I keep both eyes open. I have always shot with glasses and differetn kinds of peeps. I cannot get my nose to the string though without getting double vision. So I back off a little to get a good sight picture. I installed a kisser button to make up for it and get the extra anchor point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.