8,512 Posts
That was a big advance over putting the sewing thread across the trail. lol
And the thread usually broke instead of the timer going off. Lol

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll bite - what is it? :)
A trail timer...A string was placed across a trail and fastened to a tree on one side and the timer on the other..When A Deer or Whatever. came down the trail, the string would pull the plastic ring thing and it would stop the clock...That way you knew what time, Something, came down the trail...Once !
Try patterning a big buck with that !

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
I still have one. Actually came across it last night and thought to myself I guess Ill save it to show my boys someday.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
A while back someone posted pics of one of the original trail cameras that used 35mm film. Imagine what those days were like... Pulling the film, taking it to get developed, waiting a week, paying $5, and finding only pictures of tree rats and raccoons [ko]

·
Registered
9,869 Posts

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Oh, the memories. I had one. Don't know what happened to it. Its probably still on a tree somewhere.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I shot a deer years ago with a string tracker. Threw my arrow way off. I hit the deer but he spooled me:comp: String Tracker Replacement Spool | CarbonExpressArrows.com
Wow carbon express? I know a couple companies made them. I had a Saunders string tracker. Think I bought it at Butts n Bows. Hmmm more memories. I loved that place but it wasn't close. I can still smell the musty cardboard n cigar smoke. And see the deer lying on Washington Ave. good stuff. The string tracker did make my bow shoot low as well

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Man you guys got me thinking. All that Anderson stuff, the tree sling, gigantic broadheads they made that I never could get to shoot. Thunderhead 180s. Razorback 5s. Good memories. Lol mono serving

1 - 20 of 46 Posts