New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had or know someone who has or had Lyme Disease what different Symptoms did you or they have ?

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
I have it and it affects everyone differently.

I had severe back pain in my lower back, I thought I pulled it snowmobiling, but it was the Lyme. A couple of days on the meds and I was feeling fine again.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
My wife has it. She is always tired, has joint pain, dizzy spells. Its a tough disease to live with. It comes and goes though.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
For me-early stage; aches in the joints and back and sluggishness. Usually (but not always) an odd almost oval shaped rash. If you press the middle of the rash, there's a little hard spot about 1"-2". (At least for me). Go to a doctor if there is any question.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Quite a few people I know have it. The worst would be my uncle who spent almost a month in the hospital, it is not known how long he's had it but it just wore him out day by day. He had terrible aches and pain in his back and neck and became sluggish to the point of not doing much except sitting in a recliner (he's retired) He lives alone on a farm, and the New Brunswick moose draw happened on a Monday, I was supposed to speak with him about that, he didn't answer his phone for 3-4 days and I called quite a bit, finally I asked a friend that lives in the area to go over and check on him, he found him in his bed for almost 5 day couldn't get out, totally dehydrated, incoherent, and very close to death. Long and short is they blamed most of this on Lyme, today he's looking forward to deer season and crusing on his harley.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I just finished 3 weeks of antibiotics because of it. I had ache joints, no energy. It seems to effect the joints that are compromised already worse. I have arthritis in my shoulder and knee and they KILLED me! I couldn't draw the bow and had trouble walking stairs! So far so good after the meds.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank You everone. Because I got tested for it yesterday because on Tuesday I could not close my hand & my knuckles hurt on my right hand & by Wednesday my leg's & arm are really stiff & weak & my hands are weak. I should find out some time next week if I have it. They said it takes 3 to 4 day's to get the blood work back. But I did not see a rash

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After you are done taking the meds do you ever like like that again. How long do you take the med's for?

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
You will have this the rest of your life it will never leave your system for good. As with me stress has brought it out again but i have never experianced over 4 hrs. the symptoms again. Some times it's flu like.

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
Exactly what Cat said. Stress, Trauma, etc could bring it back again. Once it's in your spinal fluid, it's there for life.

Mine came back once. I felt stiffness in my shoulder and then my left hand. I went back to the doctor and he put me on the meds, I was fine within two days. Stress from work brought it back that time.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow that suck's. I didn't think it can come back

·
Registered
292 Posts
They said that I had it for a long time before they found out. The only reason they did is because I told the doctors to chech for it. They thought that I had a stroke because my whole left side went numb. It seemed to hit my nerve system ,no rash or joint pain just tired and felt 20 years older than I was. The end result was 6 weeks on IV treatment and then 6 weeks on pills.For a while after that everytime I didn't feel good they gave me the pills.I can't remember things and and now on Aricept. They now think I have the beginnings of Altimers.This in my opinion is from that little bastard that bite me in the late 80's.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I had a severe case of Lyme, since I just ignored the flu-like symptoms. Finally just about collapsed, had bells palsy.

Two months of antibiotics, including IV, took care of it. That was years ago. I test negative for Lyme DNA.

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
bells palsy.
What are the symtems of this? I have been have some trouble lately with some sort of issue with mussel cramps and rendens in hands cramping up. I thought it might be from Diabettes but i wouldn't rule out Lymes either even though I had it 10 years agao.

This is some bad stuff Dr.s just don't know enough about.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
yea i didnt know it could come back either my dr said as long as you catch it early and have the tick remover i would be fine after a week on the meds so that explains my dizzy spells

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
yea i didnt know it could come back either my dr said as long as you catch it early and have the tick remover i would be fine after a week on the meds so that explains my dizzy spells
Don't assume anything. Dizzy spells need to be investigated by a doctor.

Lyme Disease normally is cured if caught early. It is widespread in certain areas of the country.

NIH recently completed a study that found people were blaming symptoms on a past bout with LD, though it was not found in the joint.

Upwards of 40% of long term LD patients are cured with placebo.

Long term LD does not exist, and it can get quite serious. But, some people blame LD for everything in their lives, and that can be dangerous, another serious condition exists and is not being treated, the study found.

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Lyme Disease normally is cured
Not actually cured. It will be in your body till you die.

Many strads of Lymes plus symptoms that Dr.s yet know about.

Any Dr. who claims to know you need to be beware and educate yourself. A Dr. can kill you if your not as up on things yourself.

I can tell you several things Dr.s have done to me that hurt me and caused problems and I couldn't sue them but changed Dr.s.

I don't trust Dr.s even though I have to use them when I need one.

I had arliciosis that is a starnd of the Lymes and it was bad and got it early and got cured but not fully healed and it comes and goes and you think you have the flue when it is a bout of the Lymes that comes out with stress.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey Shawn,
Good Luck with this Buddy. You know Amanda had it when she was about 7 or 8. She's doing ok, she was on meds for about a month I think. Let me know how things are going.

Tight Lines,
DonW

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.