New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to West Virginia to look into another dog coming up this next year. Uncertain exactley when but am taking my dog down to grouse hunt and quail hunt. I am sorry I spayed the dog when I got her. I now would have liked to had pups from her.Might even get to hunt kenan valley woodcocks next year.

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh man your a man after my heart and I could cry just thinking about these dogs.I was broken hearted this past October when I sent her back to the breeder and she wouldn't hunt for him. He called me up after 3 weeks and asked me to come get the dog because she had separation disorder from me. He told me she will hunt for only me he felt and I would have to finish training the dog. I was crushed and bumed out when I got her she was in bad shape. He was right about her. I took her out to Assapink on quail and she showed her stuff in training and when the Pa. season started she showed me again. The first time she was on point I went to my Knees and thanked God for this dog. The dog is inside with me and she is awsome. The minute she gos out side she is a differant animal and goes on the hunt. I have never seen anything like her. I love this dog.

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a skin problem with her and had it since I got her back from Virginia. The food I give her is expensive called Wellness by old mother hubard the fish and sweet potato formula. It cleared up her skin once but I haven't been able to clear her up lately and was thinking about putting her on Keflex and getting a skin graph. Any ideas. i have been told these dogs have ski problems and ear problems.The vet thinks she is going to grow out of the skin problems.Her hair is all over the house and my truck.

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dog performed well this morning. Three points 3 birds 2 shot at 1 killed.Maybe after the eye is done I'll see better. Couldn't shoot at the one bird because of an archer in front between me and the dog while she was on point. Didn't want to chance shooting that way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts