New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
personally - I think it is too early - rut still going on. And I find it drives the deer nocturnal earlier in the in the season - would rather they go back to the old days of the week after shotgun -especially when you can shoot does in many zones till the end of Feb

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
I like the early fall bow ( if thats what your calling DOE days ) With "BAD" this year made it better. THis way I can scout and Hunt at the sametime.

I'm for it

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I hate them and all doe days should start after buck week in a club i use to belong to everybody went that first monday of thanksgiving week and they were blasting every doe they saw when bucks were still chasing them then they wondered why they didnt see and bucks the first week of december.
Also hunting till mid febuary is BS also there are too many doe days.(JMO)

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Way to warm for me so I don't go.

Add in the masquito factor and it's all over for me.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Dave, they arent talking about the early September bow season. They are talking about the doe days that are coming up for Permit Shotgun. Nov. 21-25

Why cant they just let us bowhunt during those days?

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I'm not against them, but I rarely go out. Usually pheasant hunting instead.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
My Bad....

I have to remember to read the Regs so I know what day is Shotgun day, Machinegun day, M-1 Tank day,Claymor mine day, Ma Duece day, Hand Granade Day, Slingshot day.....This state sucks:(

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Absolutely dispise them. I think that ALL gun hunting should start after 6 day firearm,this includes smokepoles. Here we are in the middle of the rut and you have hunters out there shooting does and scaring the bjesus out of the bucks.I think that youth day should be moved to the Saturday before the 6 day firearm season. I'm actually hunting state land that only 4 or 5 guys know it as huntable,in fact it's about 185 acres and I'm the only person that bowhunted it,but anyways I know that more people will find out about it by next year and the bowhunting will get polluted by early gun hunting.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Like them or not they were imposed to manage the herds and isn't that part of our responsabilities.
Sure it is,but there is absolutely no reason to have any before the six day firearm,especially during the extended bow season, where we pay an extra $28.00 for the privelige in inticipation of hunting the most excited time of bow season,the rut. The rut has always been ours and should continue to be considering how we get punished by being made to shoot does before we are allowed to shoot our bucks.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
i do not get out for any early doe day but i do get out all the jan/feb saturday permit that i can as i'm not able to go during the week this will be my first year getting out for the 6 day on monday in about 10 years and i think it should only be 1 buck for that week not 2 just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Sure it is,but there is absolutely no reason to have any before the six day firearm,especially during the extended bow season
But not every zone is open to firearms during extended bow and muzzy is after ext.bow except in zones were the herd needs reduction

1 - 20 of 21 Posts