New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't care if you hunt just during the 6-day... or hunt every season possible... you must be in tune and politically active. No longer can we take for granted the "good old hunting spot down by the creek" will be there for our children.

Sure we are all "busy", but it only takes 2 minutes to phone/fax/or email your local reps. A two minute email is worth being able to hunt that cold, crispy, morning when all is silent... except for your heart pumping when you see a deer.

Is two minutes too much to ask? Then at least join one of the several pro-hunting organizations across NJ. This way, at least the politically passive hunters can indirectly become proactive.

To those New Jersey hunters who could care less: shame on you. Shame on you. [down]

·
3,413 Posts
I can tell you what an NJ Hunter is going to have to become.............

An Activist.

·
11,226 Posts
I have never been one to back away from a challenge and I hate politics but in this day and age politics has a lot to do with hunting! Here in NJ probably more then anywhere else! You can't sit back and hope the next guy will do it for you. Politics is all a numbers game. You don't have to come up with idea's or organize rally's you just need to make it known that your there and you support hunting! Take the time to send an e-mail,fax or phone call! It makes a difference!

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
I think I am a NJHUNTER, because I have sent out emails calls and I have friends that don't hunt do the same. They do it for me and for the health of the Animals here in Jersey. They know that Hunters are the ones that make the bigest differents when it comes to there Grandchildren(s) seeing what a Black Bear in Jersey looks like and a nice WhiteTail Buck.

·
3,413 Posts
I could careless if I ever hunt a bear in NJ. But I'll fight with everything I have to make SURE that you can hunt bear in New Jersey if you want to.

Same thing for Sunday hunting, it's my bill, I worked my [no swearing please] off getting contacts, and getting it drafted, to getting it out of committee. But i'm not doing it for me, I'm doing it for the guy who has no other day to go out into the woods and enjoy his heritage.

·
3,413 Posts
Same thing for Sunday hunting, it's my bill, I worked my [no swearing please] off getting contacts, and getting it drafted, to getting it out of committee. But i'm not doing it for me, I'm doing it for the guy who has no other day to go out into the woods and enjoy his heritage.
And I have the support of a LOT of outdoor organizations now! Without them this would just be a dream!

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
AMEN Brother Bacs... We as hunters don't do thing just for yourselfs, but for all who will gaine from it..Other states have Sunday hunting why not Jersey.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Other states have Sunday hunting why not Jersey.
I think this is a bad argument. To me its just like asking your boss for a raise. The way not to do it is say "well... Joe Smith got a raise... how about me?"

I think you need to focus on yourself when asking for raise. Similarily, you need to focus on NJ regarding Sunday bowhunting... how does it help NJ is the question to address.

·
3,413 Posts
how does it help NJ is the question to address.
Exactly.

* More archery license sales - more money to the DF&W & more $ in Federal Grant money.

* Would attract hunters from nieghboring states, getting them to spend money in NJ instead of elsewhere.

* Gives NJ hunters another day to actively spend money on their sport. Buy more gas, breakfasts, coffee, ect... More money into the Nj economy.

* reduce the deer population, that serves three main purposes:
A. Less deer auto collisions
B. Less farmer crop damage & restitution
C. Less property damage (home gardens)

You have to be able to sell it to win it.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Gets more youth involved..Most of your little leuge,football,soccer,etc. is on saturdays. Weekdays they have school and parents have work, tuff to get time in the woods..

·
3,413 Posts
I could careless if I ever hunt a bear in NJ. But I'll fight with everything I have to make SURE that you can hunt bear in New Jersey if you want to.
Wow, what was I thinking???

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
We all have to take part or none of the big issues will ever survive. Joining a few of the organizations and sending out a letter, email or 2, or a phone call here and there,won't kill anyone...
But not doing it will definately change our way of life.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Exactly.

* More archery license sales - more money to the DF&W & more $ in Federal Grant money.

* Would attract hunters from nieghboring states, getting them to spend money in NJ instead of elsewhere.

* Gives NJ hunters another day to actively spend money on their sport. Buy more gas, breakfasts, coffee, ect... More money into the Nj economy.

* reduce the deer population, that serves three main purposes:
A. Less deer auto collisions
B. Less farmer crop damage & restitution
C. Less property damage (home gardens)

You have to be able to sell it to win it
WOW! Wouldn't the crossbow inclusion do all that?

SORRY.....I couldn't resist! LOL

·
3,413 Posts

·
Registered
21,476 Posts
GREAT POST ! Kris [up]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts