New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went out a couple times this fall got 1 hen missed 2 qual 1 rabbit in manasquan wma also kicked up a wood [no swearing please] and grouse 4 weeks ago while deer hunting in zone 51 in bayville

·
11,226 Posts
I don't do much pheasant or quail hunting but I love chasing the bunnies around! Dragthor and I are going out for one last bunny hunt on Saturday. I also enjoy going for squirrel, woodcocks and grouse as well. I don't see too many grouse anymore. It's a shame. They are a lot of fun to hunt. Anyone that want's to go with Drag and I on Saturday your MORE then welcome.....

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Next year you guys get a hold of me. I have 8 beagles and 2 chocalate labs. I hunt not bs. I travel all over to hunt everyday. I don't like 6 guys hunting over my dogs, but 3 or 4 is fine. My e-mail is [email protected] or call me at 856-275-6907. This is going to sound like a personels add but here goes. I'm a 35 yr old union carpenter, a published outdoor writer, trapper, hunter, fisherman, outdoorsmen, and own WILDWORKS,LLC. Always looking for safe people to get together with for outdoor activities.

·
11,226 Posts
Count me in Wild! Have gun will travel! I don't hunt as much as I would like to do to the fact I don't have too many people to go with. I spend a lot of time in the woods alone! Getting out period is cool but getting out with friends is awesome. Count me in!

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i used to do alot of bird hunting until my dog got to old. i had to put her down in January. the last time she hunted was november of 2003. i just could go out bird hunting with out her. i said i won't go again till she is gone. i'ld feel like crap going out without her and then come home smelling like the woods and birds and let her know it. so i haven't been out in some time.

I hear ya JerseyJim about hunting alone. I'm in the same boat. Most of all my friends that i hunted with got married and stopped hunting. i got married and still go. so i'm pretty much a solo hunter too. it's not the same as when you got a bunch of buddies together and go out in the woods. i miss those days.

JerseyJim & Dragthor,

if you don't mind maybe i'll get in on the bunny action with you guys if it's okay? I've never really been a bunny hunter though. Mostly birds.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Boys in the 2005 season your welcome to hunt with me and my pack ( Bolt, Rocky, Sassy, Mandy, Tucker, BlackJack, Winslow, And Cooter) 13"-15" beagles. Or birds, waterfowl or upland over Hunter or Kahula.

Till our trails cross,

WW

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Cool, i'll make sure the wifey doesn't make any plans. When does rabbit season end anyway?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
It's out now. Starts back begining of Nov. I'll keep the dogs in shape. I'll be running tonite. They love the snow, but it's hard on the tracking scent. Go to expose them to different conditions. Those bunny should look like horse on the snow tonite.

Till our trails cross,

WW

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Dogs ran so-so tonite. Cold, wet ground, and slight breeze. Got 1 up and ran it for about 30 min. They picked it up and ran another 15 min. lost it. Probable went to ground. I'm writing an article on "Running Beagles at Night" for www.rabbithuntonline.com. I'm using this article for all the working men who don't think they have time to run their dogs. I find it an enjoyment at the end of the day. A good walk for excerise, reliefs stress, keeps beagles in hunting shape, makes them better hunters and doesn't take much time. I should have it finished in a couple days to send them. Get a hold of me to hunt next year.

Till our trails cross,

WW

·
Registered
73 Posts
:)hi fellas, just found out about this site, fantastic!! I'm new to this area (south jersey at he shore) I'm 63 yrs. young and have been hunting for most of it, although I stopped for health reasons for a few years, I love wing shooting, pheasants, ducks etc. I want to get back into it, but I don't know anyone here or where to go that is productive.I would really appreciate any help. thanx, Anthony, [email protected]

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I do a bunch of bird hunting. Would love to find some place with grouse to try the dogs out but they are long gone from my area.
I may be going to Maine next year to a friend's to give the "Girls" a try on 'Ole Mister Ruffed.[up]

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
i hunt pheasant, squirrel, and i wanna hunt bunny...i almost always hunt whittingham...
Dragthor and I are going out for one last bunny hunt on Saturday.
how many times have ya gone...i didnt even know you went yet...score some points for team 2 a.k.a "left in the dust"...:D

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
dnik, i mostly know about bird hunting...if you are looking for a productive place, click on the link and check out the pheasant stocking schedule...it shows how many birds were put in each area/wma...

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
I do a bunch of bird hunting. Would love to find some place with grouse to try the dogs out but they are long gone from my area.
tjc, try whittingham if you are looking for grouse...go to the feilds by the ranger station...walk into the first feild on the right and walk straight back towards the woods..people have been kicking them up like crazy there...

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Thanks mack, I'll have to do a bit of research on it and give it a try.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts