New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here hunted MONDAY 12-05 for deer in this zone. I was there with buckfever, TITUS, and Mysticguido, and it was a gorgeous cold day, but there wasn't many shots, and we didn't see the number of deer, and/or bears like I have seen in the past.

what about the rest of you guys from zone 4, how was your opening morning?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
iwas up there bhc, nothing at all for me. it was dead. there were plenty of guys up there just no shots.. a friend of mine shot a really nice 8 point though, i think you know who he is too. his name is pete hes the guy who does the bow work out of his basement in garfield..ive been trying to post pics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah I know pete very well, matter of fact he emailed me yesterday and told me....he also wants me to bring a picture down to Lucianos for the bragging board he put up...pete is a good guy, he also said he saw no one nor any shots near him. Seems from my area the shots came 1/2 mile or more away, and there was maybe 14 total shots, and there was none after 11am

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
I was thinking about going out i n zone 4 for my first 6 day hunt on Saturday. But I was told yesterday(Tues) that I have to be on call for work. So there goes that idea. I'll just have to wait for winter bow or permit shotgun.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
I was up in one Zone 4 on opening day. I did not see anything. Not even a flippin' squirel. Of course last year I hunted the same spot and walked in on a fairly large bear in the dark. That was a surprise. I had to chase him away. No sign of him this year.[confused] It was pretty dead there. One hunter did take a small bear early in the morning. He was carting it out by 9:00a.m a couple of other hunters seen some does. No bucks taken from my parking area.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Hi guys, kinda new here.Know a few Joe,Sal,Frank(great guys).Hunted zone 4 12/5 and got lucky and harvested a nice 8 ptr on public land w/the ML(perfer over shotgun).Was hunting w/buckhunter1's family/freinds.Great people!!One shot through the shoulder @ 130 yds, watched it drop 8^).I have to say though, not much shooting,maybe 5-6 shots that morning.Very cold that morning also,very.Didnt think I was going to see a thing,had guys walking around me until around 7:30 8^(.I guess it was my day.Hey Frank(buckhunter1) post some picts. Please lol.Boy that was long,hope I didnt put many to sleep.

PETE

·
Registered
84 Posts
The guys that stayed at Brownstones house the day before opening day did you all have a good time at my house!!!!I had the fire going before you guys got there.To bad I had to work that Monday.I missed going out opening day.Well at least there is Sat.Hope to see a bear or buck.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I had to work. Might get out Saturday. I'm off from work Monday and Tuesday for Muzzleloader. Hope to put one in my empty freezer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nontypical, glad to see you made it on here, I've been telling you for months, LOL :p....Congrats on your buck, way to go !!!!![up] Buckhunter1 anyday now for those pictures:p

Brownstons, thanks you for letting us use OUR house:p...Buckfever and me missed you, hopefully Saturday one us gets a crack at something, hopefully either one of if not both can get a bear, no need for me to get one I have 3

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
BHC, I sent you some picts., see if you can post them.I'm not PC smart. Freezer is full but I still might go out Sat. how about you??Dont forget to stop by and drop off a pict. of 9 ptr and your bear so I can put it on my Braggin Board!! Good luck to ALL

PETE
-}}}}}------>

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was in zone 4. I was in Stokes. Sat from dark to dark and say about 10-15 does. Didn't hear alot of shots at all. Around 5:00 Jumboland only had about 25 deer checked instead of 100's like the past. Don't know whats going on? It's weird.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.