New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering what choke, shell, and what kind of patteren you are getting. thanks for any response in advance

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
We use PC Ammunition 3.5 inch 000 buck, 12 and 14 pellet versions. I believe we got the choke tubes...Pattern-Master?.... from Cabelas although they are no longer shown on their website. These loads are devastating out to 70 yards. Even my 72 year old father has killed at long range with the 10. Very impressive.

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
:D I personally do not have a 10 ga. but know a few people who did. They do not pattern 00 and 000 (even if you can find them) well with factory chokes. The people I knew used #4 buck. I would suggest looking at aftermarket chokes and pattern the gun with it.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, some people also said they use a choke with a .690 constriction which is a full or extra full and with 00 or 000 they shoot very well. I no im gonna have to pattern my gun just trying to get pointed in the right direction

·
Registered
17,903 Posts
Thanks guys, some people also said they use a choke with a .690 constriction which is a full or extra full and with 00 or 000 they shoot very well. I no im gonna have to pattern my gun just trying to get pointed in the right direction
larger the shot open the choke. The paternmaster is the way to go or if your really want to blow your mind give the guys at nitroshot company a call. They have chokes down & are very helpful.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nitro says to use the .690 with 000 with my gun and are getting 14 pellets in a 20 inch circle at 70 yards

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think im gonna give the primos jelly head a try, if it doesn't work for buckshot atleast I can use it for turkey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts