New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Not yet...too much on my plate. Tons of work lately. Although I work from home, I'm pretty much mr mom to my 3yr old daughter. Wife's a nurse who works all weird hours and even when she's home, she can't do much. She's 6months pregnant with twin boys.

Add in trying to sell our investment property and taking care of horses, ducks, cats and several acres of land while trying to get our ducks in a row for a move out of NJ to NH ...seems getting out hunting this year is pretty unlikely. Even if I were to have a day or two, I'd feel out of the groove not having prepared like I usually do (scouting, etc). I'd be winging it and that just makes it all the less rewarding should I happen to harvest a deer.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I've been too busy catching up on house and yard work. This weekend doesn't look good either. This cool weather has me wishing I was out hunting.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
No tree time here yet either. Probably first day out will be Oct. 4th, not a fan of looking at bucks I can not put in the freezer.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Im with a you. Sux. And this weather is not helping either. Hopefully I can steal some time next week.
actually these posts are keeping.me going. Its good to see bucks hitting the ground.
keeping me fired up.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
I had adominal surgery three weeks ago plus, my 12 year old son plays baseball on two travel teams plus, he subs for a 14 year old team. So, hopefully, I'll get out in October.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I havent been yet ehh, still a bit too hot. If we get a few good frosts. It was almost nice today at least for a morning sit. But Im on my way out the door to work. Ill get a slow week because of waiting for permits or a last minute change to a specialty order only non stock item, and get all nervous and beat the bushes. Then I spend the next 2 months swamped and cussing myself for it. Happens every time.

Reactions: jerseyhunter

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Not yet, took a spill 14 days ago and my ribs are still killing me my wife says hers took over a month to heal.
Ive had broken ribs a few times. One of the most painfull things you could endure. I feel for you. I once had 7 broken and a few bruised. Every breath was like a new adventure in pain

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
I have been getting anxious but I told myself last year I WILL NOT SUPPORT THE EAB program and I am sticking to that. I will wait till October and go after a Buck and let the does go until late season.

Reactions: REALTREE83
1 - 20 of 59 Posts