New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I moved a few months ago and have a FID but need a new one due to the change of address. My new town River Vale is dragging their feet. I have been waiting 2 months and wanted to know is there anyone I can call on the state level to get my new FID? The woman that answered the phone was super bitchy to me and I don't want to be a jerk I just want my card.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Contact the NJ2AS.

·
Registered
885 Posts
2 months is nothing... but really you can't do anything as long as they are working on it. Did you talk to a detective yet? If you haven't you should start there and make sure they have all the paperwork and references they need from you. If your references haven't sent in their stuff follow up with them to make sure they do their part. If they haven't received their reference letters ask the detective why. If you can't make any headway there then you can call the chief's office. Also the NJ2AS has information on what steps to follow but I would proceed with caution.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My father just wanted to get a new card due to the fact his was falling apart. He has been waiting over 4 months. Same address and nothing else has changed. Seems pointless when you have to do an instant background check anyway upon purchasing a new gun.

·
Banned
722 Posts
Yeah cuz, unfortunately, you hit the $h*+pot when you moved to jersey... Good luck to u!! Just do yourself a huge favor and read up on all the laws (transportation, etc..) cause they won't hesitate to give you a nice fisting w/o the lube!

·
Registered
395 Posts
I waited 9 months. Wife got hers in 4. My one reference they couldn't get ahold of and never bothered to tell me. His mail was being returned. He went in and filled it out. Had fid next month.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.