New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 35 pounder yesterday in my yard and I think its time for some lines. That being said I need to know who buys snappers..

Thanks

P.S I will post a pic of the snapper soon

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
There is a guy on here that buys them. But it is illegal to catch them with hooks and lines. And you need to purchase a Turtle Permit.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
220 Blue Anchor Rd.
Sicklerville, NJ 08081 (phone #856-629-0555) I think they buy live turtles

Reactions: zipper

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
2 dollar permit and line up buyers in maryland. Good luck

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Very few buyers for hook and line caught turtles. Your not gonna pay off your mortgage with one 20 pound turtle.... (kind of like a deer everyone adds weight onto them) So if you want her out of your yard which she probably already is why not call somebody in to get her out. Somebody with a commercial license and the know how to cage it instead of hooking it. They will already have a buyer and might even float you a couple of bucks.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Find someone who makes great soup and trade Turtle for Soup I can give you a killer recipe I got yrs ago from an outdoor Mag. The Older people may remember Cynthia Bashline who had a monthly recipe in (Outdoor Life)? magazine. I just can't be bothered killing those old boys anymore and taking all day to cook 'em .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts