New Jersey Hunters banner

Who always carries a Pocket Knife?

28K views 176 replies 138 participants last post by  luknikk 
#1 · (Edited)
I always carry a pocket knife. Just something I have always done. When I was little I asked my grandpop if he had a knife to cut my fishing line and he told me that I should always have a pocket knife.....so thats what I do.

Anyway, I am at work today and my secretary got all scared when she saw a small knife on my desk. I told her that I always have a pocket knife with me. Whether its for cutting fishing line, getting dirt out from under my finger nails....etc...etc...I always have it. She looked at me like I was crazy for carrying a knife around.

Our kitchen at work is full of knives, and she gets scared from a little buck knife[confused]

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a victorinox two blade pen knife that My mom gave me when I was about 9 years old. Over thirty years later it's still in my pocket. The red finish is nearly 3/4's gone, and I broke the tip off while tigtening the hand grip screws on my 1911 .45 in the Marines during the first Gulf War. That knife has been around the world more than once, it's been through the wash well over 1000 times, but it's still sharp, and I'll probably be burried with it!

#5 ·
I carry a small swiss army knife I bought in Switzerland. I was going to a reception at the local branch of the Smithsonian Museum of the American Indian and they wanted me to check it. I thought it was ironic I could not take a pocket knife into a museum filled with weaponry.

Reactions: wholeass83
#6 ·
i used to always have this small knife on my key change. had it so long on it you forget about having it. well through the years i've been in and out of buildings and airports and never thought about it or was asked about it. one day i'm in a courthouse for jury duty and they made me take it off and held it for me. but i've been through jury duty before and they never said a word.

#8 ·
got in trouble a few times forgetting that it was in my pocket when I was going into court for work
Same here. I used to carry my handcuff keys from my days on the job. Now I leave both in the car for court.

#14 ·
Leatherman Muti tool! Wouldn't leave home without it.
As an Electrician and sportsman I am always using it for something.
Jerry

#15 ·
I have always carried a pocket knife, currently it's a small gerber. would you believe I had to give it up to get on the ferry for the statue of liberty. what a croc, I'm sure they take turns keeping peoples knives.

#23 ·
I carry a small Old timer in my front right pocket, and I wear a Leatherman Wave on my belt. Very few places I go without the Leatherman. I go no place without the little Old Timer.

Last fall I had to go to the Ocean County Courthouse to register a business. The Sheriffs deputy's took my little Old Timer, took my keys, even took the little brass hook on the brim of my hat, and let me in. I went to open an envelope, and by habit my hand went to the Leatherman, and it was still there. I forgot about it, and they didn't pick it up. When I went to leave and pick up my stuff, I showed them the Leatherman that I carried in, all they said we How about that.

#25 ·
dont give them a reason...
sometimes you can not help the way people look at you.I must have a guilty look

#26 ·
I bought I Leatherman back in the late 80's. Now I own two more. I never leave home without one.

Where it to school all the time. ChrisM, straighten out that secretary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.