New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I always carry a pocket knife. Just something I have always done. When I was little I asked my grandpop if he had a knife to cut my fishing line and he told me that I should always have a pocket knife.....so thats what I do.

Anyway, I am at work today and my secretary got all scared when she saw a small knife on my desk. I told her that I always have a pocket knife with me. Whether its for cutting fishing line, getting dirt out from under my finger nails....etc...etc...I always have it. She looked at me like I was crazy for carrying a knife around.

Our kitchen at work is full of knives, and she gets scared from a little buck knife[confused]

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
I have a victorinox two blade pen knife that My mom gave me when I was about 9 years old. Over thirty years later it's still in my pocket. The red finish is nearly 3/4's gone, and I broke the tip off while tigtening the hand grip screws on my 1911 .45 in the Marines during the first Gulf War. That knife has been around the world more than once, it's been through the wash well over 1000 times, but it's still sharp, and I'll probably be burried with it!

·
Registered
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MTH,

I got in trouble a few times forgetting that it was in my pocket when I was going into court for work[lol]

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I carry a small swiss army knife I bought in Switzerland. I was going to a reception at the local branch of the Smithsonian Museum of the American Indian and they wanted me to check it. I thought it was ironic I could not take a pocket knife into a museum filled with weaponry.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i used to always have this small knife on my key change. had it so long on it you forget about having it. well through the years i've been in and out of buildings and airports and never thought about it or was asked about it. one day i'm in a courthouse for jury duty and they made me take it off and held it for me. but i've been through jury duty before and they never said a word.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
When not at work, I always carry a small Kershaw w/ the Ken Onion assisted opener. Can't carry it while @ work as I am always in/out of secured areas.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
got in trouble a few times forgetting that it was in my pocket when I was going into court for work
Same here. I used to carry my handcuff keys from my days on the job. Now I leave both in the car for court.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I always have my Multi Tool in my car or Truck. Never in my pocket. I dont even like having change in my pocket.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Leatherman Muti tool! Wouldn't leave home without it.
As an Electrician and sportsman I am always using it for something.
Jerry

·
Registered
907 Posts
I have always carried a pocket knife, currently it's a small gerber. would you believe I had to give it up to get on the ferry for the statue of liberty. what a croc, I'm sure they take turns keeping peoples knives.

1 - 20 of 172 Posts