New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back from wal mart and while i was there i bought the whisker bisquit QS. already put and and now i need to shoot it tomorrow. how many others use the whisker bisquit? how do you like it?

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Really odd question--what WalMart? Here in Union Cty. they don't carry s*** for hunting!

[confused]

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I just put my whisker on today and took a few shots i was happy with the results its amazing how the whiskers dont affect the arrow flight[confused]

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
How often do you have to replace the inserts, I was just looking at these on cabelas website and I see that the sell replacement inserts so I was just curious.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
When they show wear. You'll notice the hole will start to get oval. Mine last a couple of years but that's thousands of shots for me.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Thanks BT

·
Registered
282 Posts
W.B. is a great rest. i used to use it . i dont anymore cause after hunting season i (got lazy) and wouldnt change back to my other rest and i would wear the damn thing out shooting 3d and practice. another really great rest is the NAP 8000. works like the biscuit(no fletching contact). now i use a trophy taker fall away( not to be confused with the trophy ridge).

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
I shoot carbon and aluminum,can you shoot both through the same rest,and if not are the inserts interchangable,what I mean is can I put the carbon insert in when shooting carbons and the aluminum insert in when shooting aluminums with out adjusting my sight too much?

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
You don't have to change inserts. Just use the aluminum insert for both. Your real problem will be the difference in the weight of the shafts. That will most likely cause you to move your sights.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
I use an adjustable sight so that wouldn't be bad. I was talking to a guy today that said his buddy used to use one but it kept ripping his vanes,ever have that problem?

·
Registered
282 Posts
NEVER! if the vanes are fletched right, they should never come off. i shoot carbons too. and i do all my own arrows as well as all the work on my bow. i also like to experiment with different fletchings, different adhesives,etc,etc. i use steelforce glue and the steelforce spray prep. there are other glues that are extremely good as well. if you need/want help with set up i would be glad to help. there is also someone on this site that is offeringall types of work and his prices are really fair.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I have been using a WB for a year + now. I like it as I don't have to worry about my arrow falling off in a hunting situation.

David

1 - 20 of 23 Posts