New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I have the Ifinder huntC so far if like it alot but to be honest i just use the basic features and paid for all the bells and whistles The map features that you upload has nothing but problems from the reviews ive seen , i havnt tried it yet.My wife has the maggellan explorist 500 for years and work awsome . the extex is a good basic gps but my nieghbor looses signal alot but comes back after a few minites.All of them do the same thing basically but i would look for the ease of uses ,its a pain to have to scroll thru this and that to get the page you want .

·
Registered
340 Posts
Lowrance iFINDER Hunt.

It is easy to use even though there are alot of features. I have used it in Maine with a topo and a compass and I use it when still hunting.

They are battery pigs however. 2 sets of batteries a day.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a Garmin 60CSx, but haven't used it yet for hunting. One thing I noticed with it is that your position doesn't match up with the mapping software. I checked it out with my condo building which is right on a corner. It is off by about 150 yards. I don't expect it to be within an inch on the map, but off to the west about 150 yards is a lot. Don't get me wrong I am locked on great, it just doesn't match up synchronized with the map. Anyone have any ways to fix this? or is this just something I should come to expect?

·
Super Moderator
8,283 Posts
had explorist basic $99 model worked great.
I bought the colorado 450 (pretty sure thats it)
color map and can mark treestands and stuff better
(alot more money too!)
Explorist worked fine had to have touch screen and color (do you need it no!) lmao

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.