New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On VS they were blood trailing a deer with a blood light and it got me curious what everyone here thinks of blood lights, I see that gerber has a red/blue/purple blood light and primos offers a red/yellow/green blood light. Has anyone used any of these? Which color combination do you think illuminates blood the best?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hate to be sarcastic, but Daylight. I have tried many of the lights on the market and the work to differing degrees. Do not think that they will work magic and find every little blood spot, if you have large clumps they will light up. I would not waste your money.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I have the primos light and it worked fine for me the kast two years. Works really well to find tree in morning also as well as using to leave the woods at night.

They used to sell a product called the "blood hunter" but havnt seen it in a year or so. That stuff was cool and worked great.

Used an led shop light last year and it got ride of the shadow while helping a buddy find a deer.

This is what has worked for me.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
This has been coverd several times before and in the end the coleman lantern and white LED flashlight do the best when Temp. Bears, Yotes don't allow the luxury of waiting for daylight (I like my deer meat tasteing good so the sooner I clean em and cool em the better).

my opinion dont waste your money ,buy a good flashlight
Catfish nails it.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I found the white LED to be very good, it really makes it stand out, sportsman guild has some nice ones at a good price, I also seen they have one now with the LED lights AND Ultraviolet lights, I am really leaning towards picking one up I think it was 29 bucks, I know the LED lights work even if the other one will not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.