New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past week all of my ponds/lakes that i usually hunt have frozen over.....any recomendations for where to go....i was thinking the Delaware but dont even know where to start. Any suggestions appreciated. Also, are you guys still seeing lots of ducks?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Also, are you guys still seeing lots of ducks
Depends on where you are, If most of the fresh has froze over the ducks move to the salt water, do you have a boat? the bays are good places to start. I don't know of any walk in spots. Have you ever been to the great bay wma by tuckerton?

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Put you deeks on the ice. Bust a hole in the ice and hunt. Should have fun try er out. Try blue dye on a private pound if you are allowed that works as well. Have to be in the flyway though for these things to work.Streams and tributarys will hold birds as well that are open when it freezes up.On the costal front the best time is during a freash water frezze up. The go to open salt water. It gets hot then but the risks increase to.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I shoot quite a few ducks in the same field that I shoot geese. Scout around the birds are bunched up on some spring fed pond that doesn't freeze easy. The bird will keep it open till it gets real cold. The field are hot when it gets cold the ducks need the feed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.