New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A takeoff from BH444's post and not to steal from it, but where can I go crabbing with a 3 & 6 year old?
Years back, one could go anywhere. My wife and I would spend hours hanging out, fishing and crabbing undisturbed and no one cared. Now every grain of sand on the waterfront is owned by someone.[sad] I know there's a pay to crab dock in Toms River, but I'm just looking for a safe little (uncrowded) spot we can spend a couple of hours just having fun without feeling like we're tresspassing or hanging out at the deadend of a street.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
I do better with areas that have a muddy bottom bordering marshes and tidal creeks near intercoastal waterways as opposed to sandy areas closer to the ocean.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
There are a lot of public parks and bulkheads along the shore from Point pleasant to Seaside.

End of dorsett dock rd on beaverdam creek public bulkhead in Pt pleasant

Mantoloking bridge in Brick public bulkhead

Brick beach There is a park on the bay side public bulkhead this is where the crabathon will be held on the 1st of August

There are public parks in Ortley and a few of the smaller communities along the bay. There are a few public docks in Seaside along the bay.

There are probably more and remember get there early to get a spot they fill fast especially on the weekends

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.