New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 months to get my fid and pistol permit, I am looking to buy a handgun. I am looking for a S&W mp 40. I am located in central nj, does anyone know of some good gun stores around me? thanks alot

·
Registered
808 Posts
B&R Firearms out of Fairfield. Give him a call and he will order anything you want. His transfer fees are $29. Cheapest I found anywhere so far.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Firearms Guild in Rahway has a pretty good selection. Id say his prices are average. Depending on where in Central Jersey you are, it beats the half tank a gas to get to Hamilton. Thats huge if you put money on a gun and go back weekly to visit it, not that Ive done that or anything[eyeroll]

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already have my permit how long does it take from teh time you put money down on teh gun until you can get it. thanks from all the info guys.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I already have my permit how long does it take from teh time you put money down on teh gun until you can get it. thanks from all the info guys.
If you buy in a store, they do the NICS the same day, and you walk out with it. Usually less than a hour. Thats if NICS is not backed up. I had a Norinco .45 sent to B&R. he called when he got it and ran my NICS the same day. I went the next evening to pick up.

·
Registered
127 Posts
When you are ready to buy, go see Jim Flynn of Jim Flynn's trucking in Glen Gardner. Not much in stock, he can order for you.

No way anybody will beat his price- impossible. He's a real nice guy to boot.

Consider getting a few permits and getting a few guns if possible.

Dave

·
Registered
102 Posts
may be out of you way but you can try the Bullet Hole in Bellville and Meltzers in Garfield. The S&W mp .40 is a solid handgun, buy with confidence. Good luck

·
Registered
50 Posts
Shore Shot in Lakewood has a huge selection at very good prices. I picked up my M&P compact 40 there

Both Shore Shot and Brick Armory in Lakewood offer 3.5% discounted sales tax [up]

·
Banned
5,319 Posts
tips hardware in westcreek, and shore shot in lakewood.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Or if you didn’t have a permit it is almost faster to move to PA setup a residence there and buy as many as you want [smirk]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts