New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, im looking for a good wma to hunt on in sussex county. ive hunted deer twice and had no sucess...im looking to go during the 6 day shotgun season...wats the best wma?

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
there are too many to say. the ones i like are different then the ones others like. i think they are all good. you need to put time in to find the good spots in each.

·
11,226 Posts
On any WMA during the 6 day this is what to look for...Look for feeding and bedding areas and any place that has a ton of deer sign and STAY AWAY FROM THOSE SPOTS!!!! Every other hunter has seen those same spots and will be looking for those deer there! Now figure out where the hunters park and how they will aproach these spots and set yourself up very early between them and the closes Safety zone because thats right where those deer are going to run to once the orange army heads into the "Hot Spots" Don't pattern the deer...pattern the hunters and look for escape routes the deer will use![up]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Don't pattern the deer...pattern the hunters and look for escape routes the deer will use
Good advise Jim.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Mack, you may want to change to your name.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
lol...im not used to having to switch names! so again, i apologize for anything he might do in the future!

B

·
0 Posts
also a key on public ground is this: get in early and I mean before others, get yourself set up, and when the other hunters walk in they will push deer towards you, and these deer have no idea your there, also while set up if a hunter walkes in, and you see him with the flashlight, shine your flashlight to him 98% of the time he will walk off away from you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts