New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering but wheres the rest of world's aid when we have a natural disaster? I guess we are capitalist scum when it happens to us, but when they are in need we are the free humanitarians.

B

·
0 Posts
I agree with you!!!! also just got done watching the news they found out that our own goverment worked faster to get supplies to the tidal wave victims back during Xmas then for our own people, if that true SHAME on our goverment

B

·
0 Posts
Cause this great country we call home is run by a bunch of BIG [no swearing please] PUSSIES, who are scared to be tough

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I heard Japan was sending some of their oil reserve to us.

B

·
0 Posts
Wasn't that one of the reasons they attacked PEARL HABOR, over OIL? All they are good for is long lasing cars/trucks

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im really pissed, oil, they're lucky their island even exists thanks to us, let alone sending us their oil reserves.

If other countries don't assist, next disaster, let them rot in my opinion. Other countries get devastated by natural disasters we send billions of dollars and then forgive them of the money we lend.

Mexico is how f***ing close. Haven't heard anything about the mexican government assisting.

We have a disaster, and its just the americans, they'll do ok.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
This is where I stand. When the Sunami hit we offered 20 million. We got Ridiculed by other Country's because they thought it was"nt enough. So we went to 80 million. Where the F--- is the rest of the world. We go out of our way to help everyone else wheres are payback. Mostly from the U.N.they are supposed to be on our side.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah 80 million from the government alone, add up the money donated to the red cross from the individuals and I bet its like 100 million.

I don't think I've even seen another countries leaders make statements of sorrow for the people of Louisiana, alabama, and mississippi.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just read the NFL and the new york yankess each just gave 1 million.

A sports team has given more than other countries now. Pathetic.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
What about the looting ?
Any bets the National Guard Troops haven't even been given LIVE AMMO [mad]
There is an easy way to stop it ! Don't worry about where to put the arrested looters,
Just make the announcement :
" YOU LOOT, WE SHOOT "
Then do it !!!

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I heard Mexico is send 3 million more illegals because Americans don't want to do the cleanup work.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Well, they say Spanish will be the primary language in the USA within 5 years.
Maybe that's why they told me to take a sticker off my locker at the PD that said " SPEAK ENGLISH OR GET THE F*%K OUT "

They said I was being POLITICALLY INCORRECT !

DUH !! YEAH !!

I just said what everybody else was thinking !!

Yep, guilty as charged [mad]

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
AMEN DRAG,

We might as well be an ISLAND in the ocean.
But the American people will pull themselve up by the boot straps and
" GIT ER DONE "

THEY ALWAYS DO [up]

·
Registered
282 Posts
WATCH OUT!!! my freakin blood is boilin over with our freakin govt. i say (REMEMBER THE BOSTON TEA PARTY). when are the people gonna wake up? and the hell with all this friggin political correctness crap!!!!!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
FYI - My company's doing a few things to help!!!!

Message From Dave Cote (Honeywell Int'l. CEO)

September 1, 2005

Dear Colleague:

Earlier this week, Hurricane Katrina devastated communities along the Gulf Coast of the United States, causing hundreds of deaths and disrupting the lives of millions of people in the region. We have been grateful to learn that our employees in the area are safe, but unfortunately, some have seen their homes damaged or destroyed by the storm. It has been great to see that Honeywell employees everywhere have asked what they can do to help.

The company is taking several steps to get involved in relief efforts, and we are committing a total of $500,000 to fund multiple programs that will help those who have been affected. Our company will contribute $100,000 up-front to the Honeywell Humanitarian Relief Fund and will also match employee donations dollar-for-dollar to the fund. Monies collected by the fund will be used first to support Honeywell employees in the affected area whose primary residence has been damaged or destroyed. Any remaining funds will be used to support local fire and emergency squads whose resources have been depleted by their heroic efforts to rescue survivors. Instructions on how to donate are below.

In addition, we are making the company’s Sikorsky 76 helicopter and its supporting air and ground crews available to the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to help with search and rescue and emergency supply efforts.

Over the coming days, we will identify and support additional community rebuilding projects in affected Honeywell communities such as Baton Rouge and Geismar. We plan to underwrite the costs associated with specific projects once local efforts turn from search and rescue to rebuilding. You can expect updates on these priorities on the Honeywell Intranet in the coming weeks.

In the wake of this tragedy, there is much we can do as individuals to help those who were affected rebuild their homes and recover their lives. I encourage you to join me in doing what you can for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

How to Donate (Honeywell Employees Only)

For U.S. employees interested in making a tax-deductible contribution with a personal check, please make your check payable to the "Honeywell Humanitarian Relief Fund," write your employee identification number in the memo line, and mail it to:

Honeywell Hometown Solutions – Katrina Relief Fund
101 Columbia Road
Morristown, NJ 07962

Beginning Tuesday, September 5, U.S. employees who wish to contribute through payroll deduction or credit card can access our online giving Website at http://my.honeywell.com/hometownsolutions. You have the option to select either a one-time or ongoing payroll deduction.

For employees outside the United States who are interested in making a contribution via credit card, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and include your contact information. Our customer service team will then contact you directly. Please do not include any credit card information in the e-mail.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts