New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just started hunting Assumpink this past year (late in the year) and am looking for some other zone 15 hunters. So, where do you hunt?

David

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Picatinny Arsenal, and a little spot In Mine Hill with Pop.Zones 52 and 13

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
prior to 1990 I use to hunt Assunpink. I shot many pheasant and several deer. Most of my deer hunting was done along route 571 near Roosevelt.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Scrubby, YOu hunt Picatinny? Are you millitary or employee in the R&G Club? I work for the Picatinny credit union. Tried joining the club but scratched the idea when the lady said I could join but was not allowed to hunt or fish the property. Kinda strange why would I join if I can't use the property?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hunt mostly in barnegat off route nine all the way back to the bay .And also in waretown off Wellsmills road .But this year will be hunting Flemington too.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I hunt and fish all over the state and other states as well. The beauty of New Jersey is you can catch dozens of warmwater and coldwater freshwater species to all the saltwater species of the Atlantic, plus hunt most small game, deer, coyote, turkey and hopefully bear. All this within a hour or so drive from where ever you live in the Garden State. Yes, we are crowded, but we have a variety of species to pursue. Over 250,000 acres (390+sq.mi.) of public land in which to do it. On over 117 different WMA's. This is pretty good for the most populated state per square mile. Also, the amount of hunter's in the state is not 170,000, it is 130,000 of which 10,000 are non-residents. Till next time good hunting and fishing. Take your kids, a neighbor or even your spouse, just get them outdoors.

Till our trails cross,
Ryan
www.wildoutdoorsman.com

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
I also hunt Assupink, o.k during bow, jammed during permit w/ bird hunters.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts