New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for creative ideas to store & secure my guns besides the normal gun cabinets / safes. I have been looking at the metal truck-bed tool chests as an option.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
big heavy gun safe that's bolted to the wall

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
850lb safe in my basement. No one will be moving that unless they come with chains and a backhoe to lift it up and out. I told my wife when I (and Mr. Gravity) slid the safe into the basement from the outside stairwell that if I should die before she does to tack on another $2k to the sale of the house and the safe comes with the house as it ain't gonna be brought back up those stairs! Minus the contents obviously.

Another homeowner could make very good use of the safe as I also keep some cash jewelry, financial doc, etc. in the safe in addition to my hunting equipment.

I've seen people build a gun safe underneath the backside of their basement stairs outfitted with double-walled sheetrock for fire protection and fabricated some metal doors. Yeah, someone could still access if they really wanted to and it would take them some time, but it was safe enough for their purpose.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Guns.....what guns:D

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
There is a company that manufacture's steel "gun drawers" from trucks and SUV's. It's the size of a tool box, lays flat in the bed of the truck and is secured to the bed from the inside of the gun drawer. It's lockable, and holds up to 6 long guns plus ammo.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I've got a liberty safe. Things weighs a ton and is bolted to the floor. Whoever wants to steal my guns better have a lot of tools and some patience.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
A good security system with motion detection and radio backup in case phone lines are cut as well
i have the same thing, plus going to install 1-2 cameras with web access...i have my guns in a safe in my room bolted to the wall

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I have been looking at the metal truck-bed tool chests as an option.
I used a Knaack (spelling?) gang box years ago for handguns, ammo, hunting knives and some other valuables. That type had recesses for the padlocks so they couldn't be simply cut-off with bolt cutters. I wouldn't force a longarm in it, but would remove the bolts from them and lock just those up instead. Originally, I had it bolted down in the bed of my old F250 with a cap when I worked in the city. Now, I have a regular gun safe.....funny, they always seem to shrink.

Under my kids beds. No one will find therm in that mess.
[rofl]Priceless.

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
In a gun safe that is bolted to the wall and heavey as hell...All except one...And they will have no problem finding that one...Cause it will be pointing right between their eyes!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
When the foundation was poured had the builder make a room under the garage. All I had to add was a steel door. Keep all of my hunting stuff in that room, not just my guns.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Right over a viper pit surrounded by a moat, under the volcano next to the island in the middle of the ocean on the left side but between the two continents where the UN doesn't have any say.

Phew...

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
And they will have no problem finding that one...Cause it will be pointing right between their eyes!
[up]

Steel door on a walking closet....
[rofl] vin, you never saw those walking closets before??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts