New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
state land wma's or your own
i hunt wma's used to have some land in peapack/gladstone area few years back that was real nice but now i'm down in the scrub oak and pine jungle of ocean county most times can't see more than 20 yrds out not what i'm used to in the big opean woods of the northern part of the state

G

·
For the past 9 years its been Public Land, and I must say I love it !!!!! Before that I had a 110 acre piece in Sparta that held some big bucks, but we lost it to development, also we had land in Wantage 500 acres which held alot of deer with some big ones, 300 acres in Ringoes which was good, and could of been better if the hunters that hunted worked with each other instead of trying to hurt everyone

·
Registered
13,427 Posts
I hunt 250 acres in Frelinghuysen. It had a lot of deer. Hopefully the herd will recover. We just tossed 4 guys off the property for various reasons. These guys would shoot anything, including fawns still with spots.
Before that it was state land, Flatbrook, White Lake, Whittingham, Walpack, Wanaque, Water Gap, Clinton, Ken Lockwood Gorge. This year I tried the Walkill Wildlife Refuge with my buddy. I guess you can say I am willing to try anywhere. And yes this is all for deer. I do go to some for small game and upland bird also.

·
3,400 Posts
I hunt Private Land in Hunterdon County & Township Parks in Princeton.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.