New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
state land wma's or your own
i hunt wma's used to have some land in peapack/gladstone area few years back that was real nice but now i'm down in the scrub oak and pine jungle of ocean county most times can't see more than 20 yrds out not what i'm used to in the big opean woods of the northern part of the state

B

·
0 Posts
For the past 9 years its been Public Land, and I must say I love it !!!!! Before that I had a 110 acre piece in Sparta that held some big bucks, but we lost it to development, also we had land in Wantage 500 acres which held alot of deer with some big ones, 300 acres in Ringoes which was good, and could of been better if the hunters that hunted worked with each other instead of trying to hurt everyone

B

·
0 Posts
Your right with that Drag, I have to come there and get you off your A**, you will see and like the area I hunt

·
11,226 Posts
I hunt a 300 acre private piece in Hunterdon Cnty. Share it with 8 other guys. I also hunt the Wildcat Ridge WMA in Rockaway. Thats about it these days. I actually see less guy's on the state land then I do on the private!

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I hunt 250 acres in Frelinghuysen. It had a lot of deer. Hopefully the herd will recover. We just tossed 4 guys off the property for various reasons. These guys would shoot anything, including fawns still with spots.
Before that it was state land, Flatbrook, White Lake, Whittingham, Walpack, Wanaque, Water Gap, Clinton, Ken Lockwood Gorge. This year I tried the Walkill Wildlife Refuge with my buddy. I guess you can say I am willing to try anywhere. And yes this is all for deer. I do go to some for small game and upland bird also.

·
3,413 Posts
I hunt Private Land in Hunterdon County & Township Parks in Princeton.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Bowhunt a farm in Marlboro...gun hunt with a club in zone 21 on state land, then shotgun hunt up on some township lands in zone 50.

Also gun and bow hunt in the catskill mountains.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I hunt/fish mostly in Ocean County ... Colliers Mills, Manchester, Greenwood Forest and Stafford Forge WMA's ... also hunt/fish near Warren Grove and still amange to get up to the northern part of the state ... "Water Gap".

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
buschwacker you have any luck this past year in manchester or the mills

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Hunt Zone 2 in Wantage. Lease about 250 acres with about 12 other guys. We call it Cedar Hill.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
I mostly hunt Ken Lockwood Gorge WMA and pequest WMA. I just started to hunt a new WMA in High Bridge. i also hunt Muskenetcong(spelling?)WMA in Hampton.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts