New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...Im new here....my first year deer hunting I just bought my permit for zone 42 because its like a 30 day season. I have no idea where to hunt though. This is really wishful thinking...But if anyone has a spot they know about (Doesn't have to be ur sweet spot) Or if you have some land I could hunt on just once (I dont want to bring all my friends or go there again next year..unless you let me....I just want to get a deer for my first year). My names David Brandt...I go to ACCC and Im working in EHT. If you want to meet up with me before letting me hunt on your land let me know. Just shoot me a PM so no one else has to know if you dont want them to.

I know its wishfull thinking but hey...maybe someone will let me do it : )

On the contrary, Im a pretty good duck hunter, If someone who DEER hunts wants to go DUCK hunting and your in zone 42 let me know. You teach me deer...I teach you duck : ) Im no pro but ive been doing it for 5 years and I bag a few.

Thanks for reading

-Dave

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Hey Dave,
I assume you live in 42? Why not try Port REpublic WMA? Yhey do stock it with pheasants so you have to find a spot in the wooded areas away from the fields. It's a nice property. I hunt there often but not since pheasant started.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Right where you go to school is 42, there is some pretty descent swamp between ACCC and Route 50. I would take a walk behind Parkin Lot 1. Looks like a good place to start.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
port republic wma on west side of parkway is not zone 42 its 26 read description don,t go by map its been wrong fer 2 years now and they still ain,t fixed it and yes thats where they stock the pheasants there is also wma on motts creek road off of rt 9 that is zone 42 watch that map it will get ya a ticket read the fine print says don,t go buy it[confused]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sick! Some nice lookin woods over yonder. Thanks gentlemen. I went out in the pouring rain this morning...didnt see a damn thing. Ill try again friday! : )

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im at accc now, I have a 2 hour interval from class to class...I think im gunna go check out those woods after my next class. Ill bait em and hunt em friday. After that I cant hunt untill the season opens up again 16-18th

·
Registered
22 Posts
I beleive it is the other side of campus from lot 1, but check out between your campus and Oakcrest High School. It's been awhile. Good woods around the campus. You should be able to find some runs in there. You shouldn't have to bait to get the job done. Scout during your breaks for sign. Best wishes for an ejoyable season.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Right where you go to school is 42, there is some pretty descent swamp between ACCC and Route 50. I would take a walk behind Parkin Lot 1. Looks like a good place to start.
I believe that is zone 26

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I believe that is zone 26
It's 42. Route 322 is the line in that area. South of Rt. 322 is DMZ 42, North of Rt. 322 is DMZ 26. That area near ACCC used to be DMZ 33, but 33 and 42 were combined (DMZ 42) a few years back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Like I told you already come hunt with us in 57 next year and I will show you big herds of deer

This one was on Monday afternoon...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wondering if you killed anything yet. I was in the same situation last year. You would be really surprised how many people you meet everyday that have deer in there back yards. I have about four spots just from asking them if I can bowhunt there. Often times there are 200 acre blocks of woods with 1 acre residence's surrounding them. The owner of the other 195 acres might live in california, and careless what happens. look for these spots. I see deer everyday on them. Being in the military I've hunted whitetails all over. If its meat your after zone 42 is about as good as it gets. Its a suburan deer hunting mecca. I know a spot you might want to check.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Go behind ACCC. Huge piece of woods and lots of deer. I used to hunt there alot. [up]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts