New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I was just curious if you guys had any spots to find snapping turtles or possibly a pond owner who wants the turtles off the property.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Right next to my duck blind that produces limits of birds every time we go. Another great spot is in the swamp I hunt where every buck has a ten point rack or better. I will post the directions to both on a public hunting forum tomorrow. Good luck my friend trying to find a good turtle spot is like trying to sleep with another mans wife. Actually you will have better luck getting permission for the wife.

·
Registered
395 Posts
^ yup. You have to trap those badboys. Watch some videos on trapping them. Haven't done it myself but I heard they're tasty. I could be wrong,but I'm pretty sure the info you need to harvest is in the fishing digest on the same page as crab traps.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Right next to my duck blind that produces limits of birds every time we go. Another great spot is in the swamp I hunt where every buck has a ten point rack or better. I will post the directions to both on a public hunting forum tomorrow. Good luck my friend trying to find a good turtle spot is like trying to sleep with another mans wife. Actually you will have better luck getting permission for the wife.
Hell with the turtles, where the wives at?? [rofl] [rofl]

·
Registered
2,280 Posts

I'm confused as to why anybody would be looking for snapping turtles under the ice.
Is it just cabin fever or are the Chinese buyers offering more money in the winter time?

If anybody doesn't know my opinion on the Chinese commercial exploitation of out freshwater resources, they can scan through this thread:
http://www.newjerseyhunter.com/forums/73-general-comments-information/179299-snapping-turtle-survey.html

There are plenty of turtle farms in the U.S. They don't need to buy wild turtles. They just prefer to because it's more profitable.

/

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Mailpat? What gives? All you want is make money on jersey resources. Bullfrogs, crayfish, catfish, snapping turtles. How bout you get a real job then enjoy the resources for fun

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Every single post you make is how you can make money off these resources. Its old already

1 - 20 of 21 Posts