New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think think we as sportsman need to unite and let the state know that are gamelands are in need of reg changes, I'm not gonna rant and turn this thread into The complaint department for njh . There has to be a line drawn for unlimited antlerless. There should be different regulation set made and a number set per hunter . I personally don't hunt those zones anymore just for the fact of the bait and unlimited plus the loss of are sanctuaries 150 rule , and its not the lack of places to hunt I live in zone 9 and have hundreds of private acres to hunt , but I like to hunt big woods without the master baiters in a zone where the regs allow a few button bucks to make it every year.I just think there should be a number put in place , we all know the farmers hunt yearound at anytime they want anyway so that's not going to change. But is everyone really given the same opportunity as the other, I sure feel bad for the guy just getting into the game and can't spend the time or money baiting and running cams or the guy's that do put the time in , just to see the herd get dumped by a crew that's not even from that area. All i have to say is numbers please njfw!! Please put some numbers on the table, and stop the unlimited slaughter on are gamelands. Sincerely, fellow hunter

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
It's not the states job it is the individuals job to police themselves and for the more experienced hunters to teach new hunter that you need to mind the herd not the state, because you have the herds best interest at heart and the state does not.

Do blame the state they are doing their job well, it's the sheeple who are not stopping and thinking. I always say Just because you could, doesn't mean you should.

Police yourself, and lead by example, and people will begin to follow.

I am new and from only hunting a little over a year can see what is happening to the deer herd, from my own eyes and the number of deer taken, and what the states goal is.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
most of what the state bases their season and bag limits on comes from the information hunters turn in. If they are shooting fawns and calling them in as antlerless (as they should) the state assumes their are way to many deer in that area. Hunters have to police themselves, and that isn't going to happen.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
The decline in the herd on the property i hunt in zone 9 is crazy in the last 5 years. Guys are shooting 20 deer a year just to show different camera angles is getting nuts. Im a big fan of hunt how you want with what you want but the senseless killing of all these doe's is getting crazy. Also if you buy all the permits that come along with all the seasons you can kill 7 buck a year. That is Crazy. No way the population can withstand this slaughter, if this keeps up deer hunting will be over in 20 years in NJ just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
...FYI..state is trying to reduce herd in many areas they don't give a damn if you aren'tseeing enough to keep you happy..we wwouldn'teven be aallowed to hunt if there was a better way to reduce the herd. The herd numbers are never going back to whateveryou define as the good old days
GOOD OLD DAYS. Are you out of your mind???? Back in the 70's ALL OF THEM when you could only shoot a buck and had a short season there were less then 60,000 bucks taken in 9 seasons (if my math is correct) 18,500 taken last year. 15 years ago was the peak for deer hunting. 2 things changed, 911 and domestic violence act meant tighter controls on who could get a gun and hunt. and loss of where you could hunt.(farmers planted to many foundations, and houses sproughted up all over the place)
What the numbers do not include it the farmers who can now shoot all the deer they want and let em rot in the fields. What it the number? no one will ever know.
6 day is what is hurt the most.
NJDEP Division of Fish & Wildlife - Summary of Deer Harvested in NJ, 1972 - 2014 by Season and Year

take a moment and look at the numbers

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
No way the population can withstand this slaughter, if this keeps up deer hunting will be over in 20 years in NJ just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

25 years ago doe's dropped one one fawn at a time and the first one @ 2.5 years of age.
Now, 2 at a time after the 2nd season. 1.5 years

I'm more afraid of the anti's, PETA and gun/weapon restrictions.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.