New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
It stinks bit it happens if with gun it is the last one who shots n puts it down, with bow it's the first lethal shot. That's how I view it, But if gun hunting I'm not claiming a cripple deer I will put it down n give to the first person. I have had it happen I shot one with bow double lung n it ran under a guy that shot it on ground n he took it. Want with the fight over a deer I just walked away.

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
It stinks bit it happens if with gun it is the last one who shots n puts it down, with bow it's the first lethal shot. That's how I view it, But if gun hunting I'm not claiming a cripple deer I will put it down n give to the first person. I have had it happen I shot one with bow double lung n it ran under a guy that shot it on ground n he took it. Want with the fight over a deer I just walked away.
I had the same thing happen at Assunpink quite a few years ago. I double lunged a nice 9 pt. 3 ft wide blood trail to a guys treestand. I get there and he's gutting it out. The things people will do for a deer

·
Banned
8,451 Posts
Lolol my life sucks it's dim cuz my target buck on camera disappeared for 2 weeks in November 3 miles up the road he decided to come back early December and Mr john's son took off from school climbed a old wooden stand on the family farm and nailed my target buck with a shotgun the only day he could go out so now what do I do....lololol

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lolol my life sucks it's dim cuz my target buck on camera disappeared for 2 weeks in November 3 miles up the road he decided to come back early December and Mr john's son took off from school climbed a old wooden stand on the family farm and nailed my target buck with a shotgun the only day he could go out so now what do I do....lololol
See post 1 for your reaction lol

·
Registered
386 Posts
15 years ago in Shamong I shot my first decent 8pt with a bow. Made a great hit and waited 1/2 hour. Followed blood trail 50yards and saw where buck dropped. No buck. Looked up and saw another stand. Drag marks right to trail and down to parking lot. Must have been the quickest gut job ever because he left them right in the lot. Always hope that karma paid that guy back. Probably for the best that i didnt see him dragging that buck off. Still pissed like it happened yesterday.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Idk bout you guys but if I'm somewhere and I have a deer come in that's been shot but lived and I take em out that's nobody's but mine that's how I look at it.
if a deer is hit with a killing shot and makes it 100yds under your stand and you shoot it you would take it after seeing the first shot was enough it just needed a few minutes to expire?

·
Banned
8,451 Posts
if a deer is hit with a killing shot and makes it 100yds under your stand and you shoot it you would take it after seeing the first shot was enough it just needed a few minutes to expire?
if he falls under my stand and the hunter who shot it came looking for it it's his deer it's happened to me once on my piece of private ground I had with my first wife and as a matter of fact the guy who shot the deer was trespassing I never knew he was there until the deer made a death run I told him to take his deer get the hell out and he better never set foot in there again but what does that have to do with what I've said.i said injured not dead we all will encounter deer that have been maimed from time to time

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.