New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to head in the woods to one of my stands its 67 degrees which kinda worries me, 8mph winds with a a chance of rain at 30%. It's been a real slow year for me in one of my spots in zone 10. Wondering what it was like when it came together for you...what time of day size/type of deer harvested and weather conditions.
Kinda like this below. Come on and make me jealous!

10/29. 11 AM.( Deer) . WNW winds 8mph.Slight drizzle

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
The week after hollaween 35 degrees 10am to 2pm doesn't get any better

Reactions: allenl

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Doe down last night at 6:23 PM... 69 degrees with a SW wind.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
January 19th 2009. Settled in at 2pm. Cold sleety mix with rain and snow. First does show up 15 minutes into the sit and I was about to shoot one. As I reach for the bow, one looks at me and I freeze. For the next 2 hours the deer took turns looking at me and I didn't move a muscle. I was freezing and had ice building up on my bow and gloves. Finally I hear a crack in the distance and a 6 pointer is heading in. Behind him I see movement and it's HIM the massive 8 I've been after. The does changed their focus and instead of watching me they watched the bucks giving me the ability to move and brush the ice off my bow and gloves and get ready. I arrowed the deer and went back for him the next day. Couldn't have asked for a better hunt.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
This year was Monday after the opener, about 705pm. Buck still in velvet came down the main trail in front of trail camera, leading out to the field. whacked him at 10 yards.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts