New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
A friend of mine that traps alot said Deer roadkill really works. Said the stinker the quicker it works.

·
Registered
215 Posts
We don't trap but I watched my nephew catch 5 huge snapper turtles in a small pond behind his house using bacon. He caught 3 of them in less than 20 min

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Deer meat. Nothing better.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Put it in a drum of water.
Change the water daily.
Once the water remains clear, it's time to make soup.

·
Banned
1,786 Posts
frogs used to work well for me back when i was 7 i got a huge 40 i would also use sunfish or i also just went in with the good old crocs and sneak up on them i got bit a few time by little guys but it still made me cry.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Best bait.....black and blue jig!(not the most efficient obviously) but seriously I dk how many giants Ive caught at deal lake on a black n blue jig..in the mouth!

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Put it in a drum of water.
Change the water daily.
Once the water remains clear, it's time to make soup.
I have to ask. Why waste the time and water? Just kill em and clean em. Unless you're eating the insides there's no reason to clean them out.

By the way, we've used cow tongue, goose breasts, chicken, salted fish. It all works.

·
Registered
10,456 Posts
Tainted (chunked) muskrat meat works well.

You should have made friends with a trapper 6 months ago, & you'd have all the bait you need for the whole year by now.

·
Banned
1,786 Posts
trust me i caught so many try turtle you can probably catch them at the pond you are going to with a net them kill them however and put it in the trap

1 - 20 of 32 Posts