New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mostly trout fish and use a 4'6" Fenwick HMG UltraLite with a quantum reel. I use 2" test line with either Trilene or P-Line floracarbon.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i love the hybrid fishing over at spruce run. i go with my neighbor all the time. he's got an awesome crestliner all setup.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I fish for just about anything. I'm trying trout on a fly pole this year... but I've caught lakers, brown, and rainbows at RV on live bait. I've caught plenty of b [no swearing please] there too. I've caught plenty of crappie out of spruce run, lots of cats too... but never a pike or hybrid, that's something else I'm gonna try this year. But this year I'm taking up the quest I started a few years ago (but it's top secret so I can't tell you what it is:p). If I'm successful, I'll let you know.

I just got my new boat (new to me anyway) and am in the process of rigging it out. I have most everything I need, except the wood and carpeting for the casting deck, but that's not hard to find/get.

14' starcraft, 9.9 merc, two downriggers, two trolling motors... yada, yada, yada

·
Registered
612 Posts
I had one a few years back but sold it. I was coming across the great bay in 3 foot quick rollers in december and got drenched (and almost swamped the boat). Since I do a lot of duck hunting, I got rid of the v hull and bought a better/safer duck hunting boat (a TDB). Just decided a few month back to pick up another v hull for the reserviors.

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Still like fishing the streams with my 4'6" loomis GL for trout. I'll use my fly rod in may..

I love fishing RV and Lake Ontario.

I also like to hit the salt for Stripers and Fluke..

·
Registered
612 Posts
Alright... now you're just trying to make me jealous.[mad]

If you ever need someone to go with, let me know... never caught a striper but I'm dieing to try.:D

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Is the hybrid fishing good in Spruce Run? Never fished for them but I might want to give them a try this year. I don't know of any place in South Jersey that has them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Jim, you wanna have some fun w/ 4-5 lb largemouth and nice size pickerel up your way? I know a great place in Denville, and another in Booten. Both are ponds open to the public and alot of fun to fish. Thinking about going during this coming week for pickerel. Let me know if your interested in going.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the hybris fishing can be good at spruce run. we usually go after work for a couple of hours during the summer.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
All fish.. Main gear well Fly rod for fresh water 9' rod and 5#-6# line, 6' spiner with 30# spider wire for those bass, pike, walleyes, muskey's ect:, 10' surf rod with 30# mono and a nice wicky rig for anything... I have gotten flounder to sea b [no swearing please] on it and a shark now and then. I wostly fish the musconecong at the Warren/Hunterdon county line @ cr519 in Warren Glen.. good spots from the paper mill to the Delaware River.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My main fish is definitely hands down the trout. Although I will hit the ocean and rivers for just about anything. I have an outdoors (fishing) business, so I get to go out and use new products all the time.

Scott

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Well my favorite was cod, like I said was. Now it's mainly Fluke and Stripers, I used to trout fish like there was no tomorrow but I give enough to the state buying 3 hunting license's and Pheasant stamps, (my Wife and sons hunt also)bow permit's, doe permits. And also trout season coinsides with striper, fluke and my work schedule. So I wouldn't be able to get out there , And If I do go , my wife is right there , she loves it. So there's more license's and stamps. Not feasable for the 3-4 times we go. Got a Hobie tandum kayak and we go salt water. Heck sometimes I go surf fishing and she'll just get a tan. gotta love that. Oh she has her own surf fishing gear also. Just can't get her to go deer hunting.:(

1 - 20 of 83 Posts