New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your favorite topwater bait,I've used many with great success but this year bass and hybred stripers have been smacking my Lucky Strike Sammy. Slowly becoming my go to topwater. Anyone else?

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Top water bassin is the most fun way to catch a bass. Period. I've had lots of luck with buzzbaits and large floating Rapalas. At night I love to use a weight-free, weedless floating worm in dark browns or black tossed just outside the weeds and lillies.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Usually a Rebel Pop R, but this year has to be a Mann's Baby Minus 1. Not really "top water" but caught a lot of bass on it.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pop r / rapala floating 4''/ tiny torpedo/ my there is so many. but id grab any of those first.
Wow,those have been my go to lures in the past and still use em all,the Sammy I've been using is essentually Lucky Strikes version of the zara spook but slimmed down and takes less effort to walk the dog.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I use a clear Heddon Torpedo most of the time,but if its a little weedy I switch to a buzzbait. In the real thick slop I use a frog.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.