New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hunt public land, and I know I will have hunters either comming in late, or walking around till they see me. But some hunters are just stupid. On opening day 12-05 Im in my stand, and at 6:30am I see a flashlight coming thru the woods on the trail I use, I flashed my light and he walked away. But here it is opening day, and this dumb A** is waking in the woods at 6:30am, but to top it off, he was walking on my footprints left in the snow, don't people put 2 & 2 together, snow fell the day before on a non hunting day, so why would someone walk the same path as another person?

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
That's public land hunting. Accept it or leave it.;)

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
BHC,
I agree. It goes along with the people shooting birds on the ground/in trees, over other people's dogs, at other hunters etc.
The deer hunting is just as bad.
I had a similar incident a few years ago on a controlled park hunt. Guy comes in at about 7:30, jumps a 6 pt that walked by me earlier and bedded down about 80 yds out (no bucks allowed on this hunt).
He then proceeds to start unloading on this deer from about 70 yds away and then doesn't even go over to see if he hit it or not. Just went the other way.
I never hunted that controlled hunt again.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Thought crossed my mine but then my pension flashed in front of me. :D

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
You can't imagine how bad I was hoping for a doe to walk under me right at that point. Just to scare the hell out of him or maybe make him soil his draws. LOL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to scare the hell out of him or maybe make him soil his draws. LOL
that would of been a classic, and you would of been laughing till you peed in your pants:p

·
Registered
534 Posts
It angers you, but I know people who are afraid to walk in in the dark. They wait until pink light, then walk in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
but I know people who are afraid to walk in in the dark.
then they should stop watching FRIDAY THE 13th, NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET,....I knew a person that was scared, and told him he had no place to be in woods......My GOD how can you be scared? you have a firearm, a flashlight, and most likey friends that are just a few hundred yards away.....BIG BABIES

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. I can't tell you how many times I've been in the woods and had some bozo come rolling through on the same path I was on. And to top it off, they're not even trying to be quiet as they are walking in. Some hunters are a bunch of D!#Ks.

David

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
The worst thing to happen was the snow. I'm hunting state land this week also and other guys are following our tracks arouind the woods. They found our spot and then hunt 100-200 yards on each side of us trying to cut us off!!!![mad] When you talk to them abhout it they just act like it is someone else. Also these guys come in late sit for an hour and then start crunching thru the woods with their guns slung over their shoulders. They are wasting there time and messing it up for everyone else...One guy spooked some deer on opening day and they were snorting at him. He said it was a buck. I said did you see it??? No but it was a shooter for sure (3 points on one side). How do you know if you didnt see it????:( ....SOme guys are such morons it makes me laugh...Oh well thats state land!!! It sucks!!!

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I love it when they walk right to you and ask," Hey, you seen anything, like they're your buddy." I respond," the only thing I saw was your loud [no swearing please] walking in the woods,thanks for asking."lol

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
Well I'm in my stand and set up by 5 am opening day. Shooting time 6"35 mind you. At 5:30 I've got deer, at 5:45 a Bear ambles by at 35 yds and I got the scope on him as he's sticking out like a sore thumb against the snow. Damn hm he always comes by at 7. Then at 6:15 I got 3 guys walking down the trail, they stop and look at the fresh tracks, (deer bedded to their left 40 yds) I shine my light and they finally keep walking. Sunup I still see them searching for a spot to set up down below me. Then a drive is coming through at 2 Pm and these guys are heading up and out for the day. Needless to say the deer ran to the swamp and provided someone with a lucky shot. Hunters should start wearing a watch and looking at it. I've had hunters tell me you can't be in the woods till a half hour before sun up. Where do they think every one from the cars are? down the road having coffee.?[mad] That's hunting and why I like Jan& Feb. I hunt mid week and there's no one else crazy to be out there in snow shoes, well almost no one.;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts