New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year my normal private hunting grounds were damaged by floods and the deer were hit hard by CWD. So this pushed me towards hunting public lands for the first time ever. Me and my hunting buddies desided to hunt the Berkshire Valley Management Area. We picked an area off the trail not near anyone else's stands or blinds it was tucked away in a small little area right off of a family member privtive property but inside the management area. About a month ago members of our group had a shotgun pointed at them and now just this week, one of our stands was stolen. So I ask whats wrong with people?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the guy was walking the trail with a shotgun blasting away during bow season maybe small game hunting but one guy in my crew was standing under his sons stand taking to his son and told his son its not gun season, the guy looked at them and then picked up the gun and pointed it at them. they turned and ran out of the woods and called the police who did nothing.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
was talking with a friend the other night a guy was trespassing on his property and looking at his buddy through his scope. who does that????

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Sorry Warpaint but im calling BS on the whole gun being pointed at your buddie and his son, If they truly ran out of the woods because they felt as if there life was in danger, there is NO way in HELL that the Jefferson PD or any PD for that matter would do nothing !!! And if that was the case then your buddie is a tool for not taking his story to the media, town council, attorney General, ETC.

told his son its not gun season
You need to realize that there are gun seasons open during the Bow season, not for deer but lots of other things are open

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
call it what you want Spitlim it happened it was roxbury pd. they ran the plates of some cars they found in one of the parking areas and showed us a picture of one guy that was all. They couldn't see his face do to the gun being pointed at them and after his son came down from the tree they bolted. And Spitlim my friend is not a tool. how far would it have gone? what would the outcome have been? would it have been worth all the time? he took it as far as he wanted. but i can tell you that another incounter like that will be handled differently.
if that was the case then your buddie is a tool

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
they turned and ran out of the woods and called the police who did nothing.

they ran the plates of some cars they found in one of the parking areas and showed us a picture of one guy
So the PD did do something then ?

Why not contact the Chief of Roxbury PD and explain that your buddie was unhappy with the way that the incident was handled by one of his officers ?

Also if he was unhappy with the way it was handled by the local PD then why not Contact Fish and Wildlife ?

I just find it hard to believe that if ones life was threatened by someone carrying a weapon in the woods a PD would take it so lightly

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Could it be that the officer took a report and handed it over to the Detective Bureau?

Patrol can only do so much unless they catch the guy, but a case like that probably goes to the DB and they will look into it further.

Also keep in mind that Roxbury is probably like a lot of towns at the moment, understaffed and over-worked. Crime seems to be through the roof with the economy.

They've always been pretty good any time I've dealt with them though. And the few guys I've met are super cool and take their job serious.

If this was a real incident, I'm sure it's being handled.

·
Registered
884 Posts
someone points shotgun at me and dont shoot me i will blow their brains out regardless of prison time i really dont care
Nice image of yourself... remind me not ot go in the woods with you..with a reply like that no wonder the Antis get the wrong idea about hunters Thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.