New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week at a state park I had a guy trailing me in the woods while going to grab my camera - today I was back at the same spot walking my dogs in the morning and saw a truck parked, obviously a hunter, there was a note on the window so I read it and it said something to the effect of "to the hunter in this spot we know where your bait is and have been watching it since october...we watched you come out of your tree the other night" nothing threatening but just odd I thought. Got me wondering if there was some kind of confrontation over a bait. Are guys that hard up for deer or hunting spots that they can't leave people alone?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Lost Man, Why wouldn't you ask the person trailing you what they were doing? and why would you lead someone to your spot? I'm not being judgemental.. just curious.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Lost man,
I also think that, what you encoounterred is a form of harassment.

The NJOA is holding a seminar on Hunter Harassment at the GSOSS
Here's the info.

"JOIN US at the Garden State Outdoors Sportsmen's Show!"

Attend our seminar and meet the experts (see dates and times below) www.gsoss.com

1. Animal rights extremism in New Jersey. Learn how extremist elements are working to take away your freedoms to fish and hunt in New Jersey and what you can do to stop them. Plus, discover the link between conservation, the environment and your ability to enjoy the outdoors. Presented by Anthony P. Mauro, Sr., Chairman, New Jersey Outdoor Alliance. Mr. Mauro is also a writer and author on the subject of conservation.

2. Hunter harassment. Understand your freedoms to fish and hunt in New Jersey and how you can legally respond to those attempting to illegally restrict you. Presented by Ed Markowski. Mr. Markowski is President, New Jersey Outdoor Alliance (EP) and Deputy Chief of Law Enforcement Division Fish and Wildlife (RET).

3. The New Jersey Anglers and Hunters Conservation Caucus. Have you ever wondered if policy makers and legislators are listening to you in Trenton? You'll learn who they are and how they are listening. Presented by Tom Connors. Mr. Connors is Legislative Liaison, New Jersey Outdoor Alliance.

4. Also available to answer questions. Leonard Wolgast, PhD, Officer, New Jersey Outdoor Alliance. Dr. Wolgast is professor emeritus of wildlife ecology and management, Rutgers University. He is a former member of the New Jersey Fish and Game Council, and contributor to the development of New Jersey's Comprehensive Black Bear Management Plan.

SEMINAR INFO:
Day/Date/Time/Place

Friday, January 13,2012: 4:00 PM Main Ballroom

Sunday, January 15,2012: 1:00 PM Main Ballroom

Be sure to stop by the NJOA Booth #724 and say hello!

·
Registered
48 Posts
this past monday i was dragging a doe out that i shot with the bow on a monmouth county park and a guy who was walking on the same side of the field saw me and just cut into the woods. Looked like he was tring to avoid me. He walked into some real nasty brush. Only around 70yards away it was like he dissappered or hidding i looked and diddnt see him just weird

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
petenice - I didn't make it too far off of the trail when I heard him behind me so I stopped and approached him and said "whats up buddy?", he laughed and said "thats never a good sign - walking in the woods and walking right back out" and I said its never a good sign when someone is following you either. He looked a little surprised and just stood there. I turned and walked back out - never made it close to my spot really.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Man what a creep sounds like something a good whoop ass can fix get your cam out there before he finds it. I have had cams smashed by aholes just as bad as gaving em stolen

1 - 12 of 12 Posts